.25 Wildcat owners help( add moderator or not)

"Boombots74"Jbell, Here's a silly question or maybe not. Did you notice any difference on the POI shifting from when you installed your LDC, how's the groups, before and after? My POI changed when I installed my FX baffles (4). No signs of clipping the baffles either, the grouping suffered as well.
Four baffles? I will call them cone pieces as they have no baffling. Anyway, I understand, hopefully correctly, that my .25 will not accepts additional pieces, but the .22 will.

I haven't done much shooting due to outside temps being in the teens, but will once it gets a bit warmer. I did get in one session of shooting with and without the LDC at 50yds with a little wind and did not notice any difference. But I'll need more shots to confirm.

"steeve"Here in Southern California, I would hate to be seen by a cop with an obvious looking silencer on my rifle.....the little "can" on the end of the barrel that un-screws or is held on with a set screw. They would surely confiscate my gun and probably would arrest me too. I worry enough about the barrel-shroud types, which are also technically illegal, since they are easily removable.
Steeve,

I've got to second Neil's post, the finding that he has linked looks to be quite clear. But it not just the air gunners seem to be confused, even AoA won't ship a silencer by itself to cover their perceived risk. You must ship your gun back for them to actually attach it, so that the gun and silencer ships to you as a unit. Which begs the question: How do they receive the silencers in the first place without first being attached to guns.

I actually had a local cop shooting my Wildcat with the LDC. He didn't even question it, but really enjoyed the gun. But, that's in Utah, not California. Law enforcement will say what they believe is correct, but that doesn't mean they are correct. My brother landed an experimental plane on a lake up in the mountains. A fish and game officer told him that it was illegal, my brother politely told him he was mistaken and would need to present the code to show otherwise. In fact, the officer had never seen anyone land up there and made an incorrect assumption.

Just please make sure that if you are confronted by an officer that airgun is clearly out of reach!

"Boombots74"Jbell,

You are correct, they are actually comes, but everyone calls them baffles. So why rock the boat? In any case, the concern is that with the cones, the POI and grouping are pretty bad. Hopefully you can get out to shoot and let me know what your results are.

Much appreciated
Boombots74 - The 25 Wildcat is the first FX product I ever owned and I am still getting familiar with their products. You added 4 of these and your grouping suffered? Also, have you experimented with only 3 baffles or 2 baffles to see what the grouping is like? I imagine the report increases as you remove each baffle.

"Boombots74"Jbell,

You are correct, they are actually comes, but everyone calls them baffles. So why rock the boat? In any case, the concern is that with the cones, the POI and grouping are pretty bad. Hopefully you can get out to shoot and let me know what your results are.

Much appreciated
So, which Wildcat do you have? I read elsewhere that the baffles were not stackable on the WC .25, as they are on the WC .22 and the Bobcats.

One of my customers sent me a picture of the end of his gun with his stackable baffles removed and I can clearly see an o-ring around the threads on his shroud, if any of you have the same set up you can not expect any kind of accurate seating of something like baffles or an LDC when you use a rubber o-ring behind them. if you have the same set up try removing the o-ring, that is the only way to make sure the parts seat correctly, Neil.

Dartagnan, yes those are the baffles. I have the .25 wildcat with 1+4 baffles. 1 already comes stock with the .25 wildcat and 4 additional baffles made by FX bought from straight shooters. There is no clipping of any kind, I have checked the baffles individually with a flashlight.

To be honest I did not remove the baffles one by one and test them. Straight shooters recommended 4 baffles so I just put them all on. I'll try removing it one by one this weekend and let you guys know the results.