• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

25 Wildcat information needed

Antj

Feb 8, 2016
I have been reading mixed reviews on the wildcat and wanted to know your first hand experience with the wildcat. There isn't many YouTube videos on this rifle either. I have 1 coming shortly and was looking for advice on what to expect or what should be done. Thanks in advance

After going around and around between the Vulcan, Cricket & Wildcat, I pulled the trigger on the 25 cal Wildcat. My decision came down to these things:
=> Magazine design (never liked the spring style mag on my MROD, and dig the simple rotary mag on my Sumatra)
=> Side cocking lever and the forward placement is ergonomically correct 
=> Light weight and a very nice synthetic stock

I received my Wildcat a week before Christmas and shot about 1000 pellets through it. So far, no issues … it’s backyard friendly (not sure why some are reporting that it’s loud) perhaps I got lucky! My average shot string is ~900FPS with the JSB’s 25.39gr. Very accurate and a sweet shooter!

Congrats on your purchase!!!

--Carl

I have shot over 7000 rounds through my Wildcat .25 over the last 6 months. My brother has a Cricket .25, which is an excellent gun also. Since I have 6 months experience with both guns I wanted to share my opinions of both. My brother received his Cricket a few weeks before I got my Wildcat. I was so impressed with his Cricket that I thought there was no way the Wildcat could top this thing. The Cricket is well built, accurate, great trigger, 12 shot mag, 70 shots at 935 fps. I wanted one and was debating changing my preorder on the Wildcat for the Cricket. I stayed with the Wildcat. At first I had scope issues, added weaver rail and new scope mounts solved the problem. I'm happy to say the Wildcat shoots on par with the Cricket. 1" groups at 100 yards is easy with either rifle. I shot 15 100 yard targets with the Wildcat and the average group size was 1.39" my best 5 shot 100 yard group was .61". What I like about the Wildcat compared to the Cricket; it's lighter, better looking, quieter, easier to load magazines. The Wildcat is the same length as the Cricket. I added 1 baffle and 1" to the gun and now it's way quieter than the Cricket. I get about 60 shots at 904 fps. You'll love the Wildcat, I do.