.25 Wadcutters… Unicorn Meat?

I secured myself a stockpile many years ago of H&Ns.

I used them in a THeoben Eliminator on pigeons sitting on rooftops. High shock effect.
hizYY8R.jpg

I don´t think H&N make the semi wadcutter Hp anymore. They are also good.(got a stockpile of these too).

I'd buy .25cal wadcutters, now that I have that caliber!

So, the H&N and the Beeman (made by H&N) were 21.0gr, correct?
That's pretty light for .25cal....
Still good for a killing impact at short distances.

➠ I found a 17gr wadcutter in .22cal — which is on the heavy side for the caliber. I still need to test it on pigeons, but I'm hoping for a good POP.

Matthias

I'd buy .25cal wadcutters, now that I have that caliber!

So, the H&N and the Beeman (made by H&N) were 21.0gr, correct?
That's pretty light for .25cal....
Still good for a killing impact at short distances.

➠ I found a 17gr wadcutter in .22cal — which is on the heavy side for the caliber. I still need to test it on pigeons, but I'm hoping for a good POP.

Matthias
I have these waiting to be tested once my Notos is back together. If they can group well I plan on smacking some rats and mice with them at 18 yards

Reactions: Star7
Last edited:
I have these waiting to be tested once my Notos is back together. If they can group well I plan on smacking some rats and mice with them at 18 yards

Oh my goodness, Chris — how did I miss this?!
JTS has a really heavy wadcutter in .22cal!! Cool!

18.80gr.... Mmm, let me think:
● I could tune my .22cal compact bullpup for regular mid- and longer range shots
for 15.89gr domes (H&N Baracuda or JSB):
922fps = 30FPE

AND shoot without adjustments
● JTS 18.80gr wadcutters for ratting and barn work
at a velocity more suitable for wadcutters:
848fps = 30FPE

I wonder if these JTS wadcutters would shoot well from the GK1 pistol — a perfect ratting combination, it would seem.... 😃

Matthias

I secured myself a stockpile many years ago of H&Ns.

I used them in a THeoben Eliminator on pigeons sitting on rooftops. High shock effect.
hizYY8R.jpg

I don´t think H&N make the semi wadcutter Hp anymore. They are also good.(got a stockpile of these too).
what is your address , combo to safe, and do you go out at night ? (kidding of course )