• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

25 sumatra carbine

I have three mrods(two 25s and a 22)a couple of 22 discos and a 22 maximus.i am thinking about the Sumatra 25 carbine,i would like to see some shot strings of the Sumatra 25s.most I have searched for and seen have a powerful first shot then all shots after drop off.do the sumatras ever get a bell curve such as the mrods?i will use it to hunt with so two clips(12 shots)will be good.i like the carbine because it lighter than the long sumatras...I have some cash back rewards built up and can get a new 25 Sumatra carbine for around $500.00 on amazon...

From the factory there is no curve. There's a couple of options; you can either use the power wheel to hop up the velocity after a certain amount of shots. Or you can install a weaker spring and tune for shot curve. If you are shooting at a lower power level you will get a decent amount of shots. On the highest power setting you can see the drop off more readily.

It's not. 25 cal, but should give you a idea. 
For my rifles I change the valve stem and poppet... Machine a valve throat restrictor. Lightweight nylon hammer... Only 12 gram.. Factory hammer weighs 69 grams. Lighter 8 lb spring... Factory spring is 25 lb. 
.20 carbine shot string.. 14.3 gr crosman pellets 
BGEIFo8.jpg

my. 22 carbine with with 160 cc bottle added.
gives about 33 shots without the bottle. 
dclm7pa.jpg
AtkftT4.jpg

Thanks blackdiesel, 
Can you tell me how to get in touch with Allen Z? A few years ago I had two Sumatra rifles but sold them in favor of rifles with regulators...I surely loved both of them too. And if I can get one regulated... well Hallelujah! I will have to see if I can buy one of them back! Thanks!
Best regards, Chuck

Reactions: Gwelo
"ohio_hunter"so it like other PCPs that need tuned to get the most out of them.after installing weaker spring what is tuning method?and what does a shot string look like?..
Here is my .25 Carbine after "tuning". 3Kpsi fill. If I had filled to 2950 all 12 (2 mags) would likely have been w/i 2%
EJ 43.6g - 777,795,789,789,795,800,794,800,803,799,799,791

I replaced my stock poppet with one from Saddle Mountain. I then tried different spring lengths and power wheel setting till I got her.
Wit the 33.9jsb's it goes from 860 up to 890 back to 860 over 12 shots (2 mags)

I am actually considering selling mine again.PM if interested.

"CHUCK"Thanks blackdiesel, 
Can you tell me how to get in touch with Allen Z? A few years ago I had two Sumatra rifles but sold them in favor of rifles with regulators...I surely loved both of them too. And if I can get one regulated... well Hallelujah! I will have to see if I can buy one of them back! Thanks!
Best regards, Chuck
Chuck his contact number is Allen Zasadny 319-327-4303

Thank you very much blackdiesel. I remember the pictures you posted of your Sumatra rifles on the GTA forum a couple years ago... They were very beautiful and their performance was wonderful.

Do you still have them and have you regulated one of your own? I personally prefer the 25 caliber full-length rifle over the carbine, but on second thought the carbine could be a lot of fun with a red dot sight on it I think.
All the best, Chuck

I still have a 22 and 25 cal. I never regulated it. I thought about it but eventually decided that I would just leave it stock. The main reason is that I have other regulated guns that yield high shot counts. The beauty of the Sumatra is that you can shoot them at lower power and they are as accurate as any gun. But if you want to crank up the power you have 100 FPE with the 25 and 80+ FPE with the 22 cal. So I decided not to make it into a regular air gun.

I remember very well... Actually the 49 grain flat nose Hunter's Supply slugs were the most accurate out of my rifle. It shot them at around a thousand feet per second. For my rifle .251 was the perfect size.

I had lots of fantasies about going hog hunting down here in the Palmetto scrub in South Florida where I live but I just never got around to it somehow. And all I ever really shot was paper targets and cans and such. I sold it to a friend who has family in Arkansas on a big farm with a big hog problem. Well according to him they don't have a big hog problem anymore!:)

Here is my .25 Carbine after “tuning”. 3Kpsi fill. If I had filled to 2950 all 12 (2 mags) would likely have been w/i 2%
EJ 43.6g – 777,795,789,789,795,800,794,800,803,799,799,791

I replaced my stock poppet with one from Saddle Mountain. I then tried different spring lengths and power wheel setting till I got her.
Wit the 33.9jsb’s it goes from 860 up to 890 back to 860 over 12 shots (2 mags)

I am actually considering selling mine again.PM if interested

I sent you a PM BigTinBoat...