.25 springer

KWK I’m not familiar with the Tomahawk but it sounds like a gem. I just looked at yours and a Beauty it is. 725 fps that’s tossing them. Is it hard to jack Tomahalk?
My 77 97 and lobs them around 530. You can easily see your shot most times. Very accurate. Crow
Dan25 your lucky you can buy guns on sale. We rarely see them on sale in Canada. Crow

Reactions: Bolillo
I almost joined the crew when Hatsan was closing out the 155 Torpedo for $230 but I had just bought a QE Long on clearance for $300. Somehow I missed the clearance on the BT 65 for $200. Bet they evaporated fast.
As long as weight doesn't bother you. The BT65 is a 10 pound beast unscoped. With one, not something I'd want to try carrying around for too long...lol.

KWK I’m not familiar with the Tomahawk but it sounds like a gem. I just looked at yours and a Beauty it is. 725 fps that’s tossing them. Is it hard to jack Tomahalk?
Thank you. Yeah, it's a beautiful rifle. Actually eBagged it about a year ago. Nobody else bid on this rare rifle. Had to reshape the comb because it was waaaay tooooo high. Like a factory boo boo. Pictured beside my .22 Tomahawk. See how high that comb was? Then refinished it. Came out better than original. Well, it's harder to cock (work the action) than a lot of guns, I guess. Same weight as an R9. HW 90 power. Aren't those Webley stocks perty? Legendary Webley "blacking"
Firing behavior of the .25 isn't too bad, really. Especially for 23 ft lb.
P1019994.JPG

20210815_200542.jpg

Last edited:
KWK thanks for showing the comb. I admire your workmanship. You made my day. I got a few Weihrauch’s back in Jan. some with new stock design. If I remember correctly I think it was the HW50 that hurt my cheek. I shot that gun most the day off and on, I remember my cheek felt bruised the next day. Another project for sure. Crow

.25 springers rule! I have an HW90 (gas ram) in .25 and has become a real favorite since I had it tamed down a bit. It was very hard to **** and didn't group well and was just to violent until the good folks at AOA took some gas from it, and now it's better than any of my HW springers (if that's possible). It's hell on gophers!!

This was exactly my experience. Though I detuned the rifle myself, the results were the same as yours. The rifle is now a favorite of mine. And don’t think for a minute that just because that .25 pellet is waffling along at only 625 fps that it lacks power, it doesn’t. just as a little experiment, I set out a 5/8 piece of cedar fence picket at 30 yards and sent a pellet down range. The pellet smashed through that piece of wood and embedded itself into the cinder block wall a foot behind it. Truly enough power to take any small game animal.
cantankerous another 5 min. I’m gonna ask you to stop talking. My 90 is like a bronking stallion. I have the kit to change the pressure and scooped a .20 HW90 at same time (thanks to Jayjay). Never shot the .20.
You sound encouraging, can’t wait. Sounds like the tree rats have more to worry about when my 90’s surface.. Enjoy the 90 Crow

Don’t wait a moment longer. Go ahead and reset the pressure - you’ll never regret it. I don’t know why HW sets the power so high on those rifles as it only serves to disappoint owners with no clear understanding of how to get the best performance out of them.

That HW iz sure nise lookin!
I’m jus po buckra n’ I caint aford ordnance lahk thet. I git by with this hear Hatsan.
Makes bout 29 fpe pushin 25.39gr JSB Kings n’ it’s akurate two!
That there aint no Whyrock. That therens a Weblee. Urine aint haf bad neether. Perty nise gun. Pert near nisest Hatson I seen. Mity parful to.

Penciltucky Spaelchek

Last edited:
Phillip I always said that was a young man’s gun. I almost needed surgery after jacking the 90. I can’t believe I had a sleeper resting so long. But reading this forum I got the .20 in Jan. with several other Weihrauch’s which took my attention. I’m just finishing up a landscaping job, at it 4 yrs. Then I’m free as a bird.
My shooting range is next then I can pay attention to the guns. Crow

I bet those rifles make the steel ring! Do you know what velocity you are getting with your rifle/pellet combinations?
If I remember correctly the 97 was around 540 fps.
2 yrs ago I was shooting on the frozen lake, target 80 yds. away. The .177 hit the paper target with ply wood backing and bounced off and landed on top of the powder snow.
When I hit the same with the .25 it blasted through the plywood.
Definitely when hitting spinners with 77 or 97 .177 vs. .25 the .25 easily wins. Crow

Reactions: Bolillo and bf1956
Webley patriot is my all time favorite. I have a Watts tuned rifle and a Cap Research tuned one. 34ftlbs and 32ftlbs respectively. Most of my rifles are 25 cal. Only caliber that puts a southwest Wyoming pdog down hard enough they dont make it down the hole...lol. Others i have are a collection of hatsans and krals i did complete tunes on. They run the gamut of 24- 30 ftlbs . All my shooting has been 60yds and in. Also love the 30 cals but once again hatsans with full tunes.

I have the Hatson 135 .30 cal., it’s a tank. Can barely jack it. My most powerful springer. I do have a HW90 .25 cal. might give it a run.
Webley patriot is my all time favorite. I have a Watts tuned rifle and a Cap Research tuned one. 34ftlbs and 32ftlbs respectively. Most of my rifles are 25 cal. Only caliber that puts a southwest Wyoming pdog down hard enough they dont make it down the hole...lol. Others i have are a collection of hatsans and krals i did complete tunes on. They run the gamut of 24- 30 ftlbs . All my shooting has been 60yds and in. Also love the 30 cals but once again hatsans with full tunes.
Crow

What Patriot do you like better of the two.. I hear you about the chuck running dead