• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 slugs

Just got some FX Hybrids, and a tin of H&N Grizzlies. Trying them out in my bottled Mrod. She is a gen 1 .25. it's been crazy here between Pops having surgery, and it being windy enough to coast to Wisconsin with a small sail on the Jeep. Did a quick not scientific test. I mean really when the wind in the yard makes the steel targets flutter and swing it isn't optimal for testing. However at 35 yards the FX Hybrids hit the same POA as the Hades that my Mrod is sighted in for, but with significantly less drift from the wind. At 50 yards the Hybrids hit a bit high. 

The H&N Grizzlies were hitting about 1.5 inches right at 35 yards. If the lead splatters on the steel are to be believed they should make good groups. At 50 yards the Grizzlies were a bit right and low.

I am optimistic about both these for long range. I also like that I could have a slug and pellet liking the same tune, that would only need different elevation doping.

Jim

So I had to work today. After work I ran the slugs across the cronograph. At my current tune the FX Hybrids have their sweet spot at 885fps.

The Grizzlies at 844fps. I would like them to go faster, but I would need to bump up the regulator.

I was just running across the cronograph. Not shooting for groups. There is only so much paint you can knock off steel. So I started trimming dried up crab apples off a tree at about 40 yards. The evening sun reflected off the bases and I got to watch them arc in. Quite satisfying. I have no shot groups yet. However Hades and Hybrids same poi. Grizzlies just lower, when pushed harder. Their sweet spot was two turns in on the spring tension more. Their poi moved in From the right to just under the hybrids. With my new scope the bottom of the small crosshair in the center of the recticle was the consistent landing place. 

As you adjust to find the tune just a bit before the velocity plateaus, this really is a sweet spot. You really can hear and feel it. Dang good day.

Jim

So 25 and 30yard results were very good. At 50 both grizzlies and Hybrids were a fail. Wish it was different. But it is what it is.
IMG_20210404_210608160.1617639545.jpg
IMG_20210404_210531607.1617639546.jpg

NSA now offers trial packs for 5 bucks. You get around 35 rounds in each pack so u could try their lighter to mid weight slug to see what your barrel prefers. That Green Mountain barrel is very good and not too fussy. 
You might try 26.8, 29, 29.5 33.5. That would be 20 bucks plus shipping. I think though that the 33.5’s like to go faster, at least in my Impact. 
Good luck and have fun.