Huben .25 Slugs for GK1?

Anyone find any .25 slugs that work with the GK1? I have tried NSA and ZAN thus far and neither will work. They fit too loose in the magazine and are causing it to jam and not cycle correctly. Just wondering if anyone has found a good slug that seats well in the magazine and still shoots decent?

If so, please post the Brand and Weight of the slugs you've found that work. Also, what velocity have you found gives the best accuracy?

Thanks...

Anyone find any .25 slugs that work with the GK1? I have tried NSA and ZAN thus far and neither will work. They fit too loose in the magazine and are causing it to jam and not cycle correctly. Just wondering if anyone has found a good slug that seats well in the magazine and still shoots decent?

If so, please post the Brand and Weight of the slugs you've found that work. Also, what velocity have you found gives the best accuracy?

Thanks...
Did you buy the wrong NSA .25 slugs? on the 38.5 slug you can choose .254 which is the correct size for the GK1

I have heard that these work fine with the GK1 .25. I just ordered my GK1 .25 and am likely purchasing these slugs and also the JSB 33..95 as my pellet ammo. I know others like the JSB Exact 25..39 and JSB Hades Match 26.54 for pellets.

Reactions: Bandito
I have only tried the two brand slugs mentioned in my original post. These are some I already had on hand, and there is not specific size markings on either box. Both will fall right our if the pistol is tilted upward, even after fully seating them, so I suspect they are too small a diameter to be useful in the GK1.

I have no probems with pellets, all the brands and sizes I have tried have worked with no jams, it's just the slugs that are giving me problems.

I have only tried the two brand slugs mentioned in my original post. These are some I already had on hand, and there is not specific size markings on either box. Both will fall right our if the pistol is tilted upward, even after fully seating them, so I suspect they are too small a diameter to be useful in the GK1.

I have no probems with pellets, all the brands and sizes I have tried have worked with no jams, it's just the slugs that are giving me problems.
If you had them on hand I don't think they are huben/l2 specific. That's what's causing them the back out. 99.9% sure if you get some .254 you will be set.

Reactions: Bandito and Asher
.22 likes .223 and .25 likes .254. AVS provides a wide variety of weight. If accuracy is your goal, use lightweight slugs at 860fps and above. Flat regions of shot strings are longer with lighter ammo and you can run a full string to hone in on the pressure range that gives you a low ES. If you do the homework, these GK1s can shoot at 1-2moa at 100y!

Have you tried the Baracuda/Kodiak ?

I know you tried NSA but you must not have used the right size, which should be their .254 - 38.5 gr slug. They are $17.99 for 200 slugs. I have read that others found that they shoot well with the GK1 so I think you should consider those as well.

Ive been using Zan .254 38 grain slugs. They seat well (albeit a little tight) and they don't rattle around in the mag. I will look into other options later on, but getting my hands on other .254 slugs requires importing them from other countries. The assortment is painfully small where I live. Preferably I'd like some 40 grainers.
I looked at the Zan website and they do not make a .254 they only make .253 or .250

I don't shoot slugs for both cost and application reasons. Yes, Weevil is correct the Gun will shoot to a 1 o2 MOA accuracy at 100 yds., but you are very unlikely to shoot any pistol to that level of accuracy. I have hit crows and pigeons at 100 meters, but it's pretty much luck with a pistol. If you use a reflex sight, the dot is likely to exceed 6 inches at that distance. My GK1 is zeroed at 25 meters and I need about a 24 to 36 inch holdover at 100 meters. The biggest reason not to shoot slugs is the magazine's design. It is designed for Diabolo pellets. The magazine bore on my GK1 is exactly .250". Retension occurs because at the rear of each magazine bore there is slight chamfer and the skirt of the JSB pellets are .260" in diameter. It is the tail end of the pellet skirt that locks into that chamfer preventing the pellet from shifting forward and potentially jamming in the barrel. Most slugs are made via extruded lead wire. That process does not allow a shape that will lock into that chamfer. Slugs could be cast with a drive ring to lock into the chamfer, but none currently are commercially available.to my knowledge. If slugs were the option of choice, a redesigned magazine bore utilizing a slight forcing cone would solve the jamming issue similar to the Webley .455 pistol.

I don't shoot slugs for both cost and application reasons. Yes, Weevil is correct the Gun will shoot to a 1 o2 MOA accuracy at 100 yds., but you are very unlikely to shoot any pistol to that level of accuracy. I have hit crows and pigeons at 100 meters, but it's pretty much luck with a pistol. If you use a reflex sight, the dot is likely to exceed 6 inches at that distance. My GK1 is zeroed at 25 meters and I need about a 24 to 36 inch holdover at 100 meters. The biggest reason not to shoot slugs is the magazine's design. It is designed for Diabolo pellets. The magazine bore on my GK1 is exactly .250". Retension occurs because at the rear of each magazine bore there is slight chamfer and the skirt of the JSB pellets are .260" in diameter. It is the tail end of the pellet skirt that locks into that chamfer preventing the pellet from shifting forward and potentially jamming in the barrel. Most slugs are made via extruded lead wire. That process does not allow a shape that will lock into that chamfer. Slugs could be cast with a drive ring to lock into the chamfer, but none currently are commercially available.to my knowledge. If slugs were the option of choice, a redesigned magazine bore utilizing a slight forcing cone would solve the jamming issue similar to the Webley .455 pistol.
I agree. Beyond the novelty value, it is a bit silly to be shooting slugs from a pistol! However, in .22, the .223 AVS slugs do stay put in the mag. Still, I am back to shooting pellets from mine, mostly because I use the GK1 for plinking and impromptu pesting in my yard, and that needs to happen as safely as possible.

Thanks...
Were the slugs .250 or .253(zan) .254(nsa)?ZAN .253 shoots just fine out of my GK-1 with no issues….AVS .254 42gr would be my recommendation though.

Were the slugs .250 or .253(zan) .254(nsa)?ZAN .253 shoots just fine out of my GK-1 with no issues….AVS .254 42gr would be my recommendation though.
I really have no idea, these were slugs I had laying around from when I was testing them in other airguns. One is in an old tin marked NSA .25 26.8gr, the other is in an old tin marked ZAN .25 33gr. Both fit way to loose and the magazine will jam when I'm just spinning it after loading the slugs. I have not tried to actually fire either from the GK1 for fear of a jam!

I received the 12.5gr .177 slugs from NAS today and they are working better in my Crown than the JSB Knock-outs, and they were grouping in dime size groups at 50 yards. The work so well, I placed another order with NSA today for 2 more boxes and added a box of the .254 33grto try in the GK1.

I really have no idea, these were slugs I had laying around from when I was testing them in other airguns. One is in an old tin marked NSA .25 26.8gr, the other is in an old tin marked ZAN .25 33gr. Both fit way to loose and the magazine will jam when I'm just spinning it after loading the slugs. I have not tried to actually fire either from the GK1 for fear of a jam!

I received the 12.5gr .177 slugs from NAS today and they are working better in my Crown than the JSB Knock-outs, and they were grouping in dime size groups at 50 yards. The work so well, I placed another order with NSA today for 2 more boxes and added a box of the .254 33grto try in the GK1.
Yeah sounds like .250…you will be good with the NSA .254’s👍🏼.Here’s a couple other good alternatives.

42466124-E97A-4990-BC4F-73A13EC16816.jpeg
F1815B42-C15A-4BD1-8C1E-6B749C90EDE0.jpeg