• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 slug liner I ordered

Presuming the gun came with a .25 pellet liner then? or that you have a "known reference" .25 pellet liner?

If you slug a pellet through the liner it is "usually" easy to tell the difference by the lower choke resistance at the muzzle end, of course as above you will need a pellet liner to tell the difference.

Contrary to some literature I have had pellet & slug liners with the "apparent" exact same twist rate.

Persuming the gun came with a .25 pellet liner then? or that you have a "known reference" .25 pellet liner?

If you slug a pellet through the liner it is "usually" easy to tell the difference by the lower choke resistance at the muzzle end, of course as above you will need a pellet liner to tell the difference.

Contrary to some literature I have had pellet & slug liners with the "apparent" exact same twist rate.

OP is talking about fx liners. All impact comes with pellet liner. Slug liners need to be purchased Separately. I purchased mine from Utah airgun and it had a label on the barrel slug liner A. By just looking at both liners it's hard to tell cause the it both have rifling from end to end. Not like the old smooth twist..but twist rate is different from pellet liner and slug liner. Slug liner will have a faster twist rate in the fx liners.

Yes it is still valid. I grabbed this from a post somewhere. It might be helpful.

eSHxMyN.png

They both look the same. You wont be able to tell unless you know how to read its twist rate. They will have different twist rate. Without experience in reading twist rate. It will be hard to tell the difference. One easy way to tell is just read the plastic tube it came in. It will be label slug liner A.

Twist rate on a FX Liner is EASY to tell since the rifling is pressed in from the outside. Just measure the distance for one complete turn of one of the pressed in grooves!

My Gen3 X-700 factory liner measures 1 in 23

My Slug A liner measures 1 in 18

Neither one matches the FX Chart above.

Actually BOTH shoot slugs well!

Both are .25 Caliber

Persuming the gun came with a .25 pellet liner then? or that you have a "known reference" .25 pellet liner?

OP is talking about fx liners. All impact comes with pellet liner. Slug liners need to be purchased Separately. I purchased mine from Utah airgun and it had a label on the barrel slug liner A. By just looking at both liners it's hard to tell cause the it both have rifling from end to end. Not like the old smooth twist..but twist rate is different from pellet liner and slug liner. Slug liner will have a faster twist rate in the fx liners.

Thanks 2F2F I know he is talking about FX liners, what other company uses the term liner? and you can actually specify an FX at order to come with whatever type of liner you wish "apparently"

The first liners be it "B pellet" or "Slug A" were sent out with no lableing at all, much to the annoyance of a lot of users!

They both look the same. You wont be able to tell unless you know how to read its twist rate. They will have different twist rate. Without experience in reading twist rate. It will be hard to tell the difference. One easy way to tell is just read the plastic tube it came in. It will be label slug liner A.

Twist rate on a FX Liner is EASY to tell since the rifling is pressed in from the outside. Just measure the distance for one complete turn of one of the pressed in grooves!

My Gen3 X-700 factory liner measures 1 in 23

My Slug A liner measures 1 in 18

Neither one matches the FX Chart above.

Actually BOTH shoot slugs well!

Both are .25 Caliber

Thankyou for confirming that, there seems to be a policy of whatever they fancy making on the day LOL!