Skout .25 Skout Epoch

Man id like some trigger time on one of these scouts, but i dont think any Dane have one.

I have not dared to look at the barrel of my Two, that is what is inside the tensioning system, CUZ i would then need a torque wrench to put it back together to be sure where i am with the tensioning of the barrel.

I assume i could just go and look at a pic at Lother Waters home page, to get looks and specs / measurements.

Later in the year, probably get torque wrench and a few other knick knacks.

So I get home after post #357, and my new 25mm digital gauges were in the mail. The ones on there are good, but 28mm and stick out too far.
After depressurizing the breech block, I replaced both bottle and HP plenum pressure gauges. I left the LP gauge factory.
When I pressurized the block - surprise - the HP reg leaked through the middle as it has done about 3 or 4 times in the past. It hasn’t done that in quite a while since I replaced the Polyurethane orings with BunaN, but leaky is back. Hard to be disappointed the way it’s shooting in .30 caliber. Might have done well at the NAC, but that’s kinda far from San Diego. 😉
Is it the kind of leak that a few twists of the HPR stops it??
Did the leak stop when you replaced 9009 ?
..I have a feeling the problem is o-ring 9006, but seems impossible to replace.

Reactions: Centercut
So I get home after post #357, and my new 25mm digital gauges were in the mail. The ones on there are good, but 28mm and stick out too far.
After depressurizing the breech block, I replaced both bottle and HP plenum pressure gauges. I left the LP gauge factory.
When I pressurized the block - surprise - the HP reg leaked through the middle as it has done about 3 or 4 times in the past. It hasn’t done that in quite a while since I replaced the Polyurethane orings with BunaN, but leaky is back. Hard to be disappointed the way it’s shooting in .30 caliber. Might have done well at the NAC, but that’s kinda far from San Diego. 😉
Could be the poppet seal inside the reg as mentioned above on MFE 105. You can pull out MFE107 then pressurize and if still leaking its probably from the poppet seat per SKOUT or turn it in to reseat and then reset desired pressure. You can get 9006 apart but will need some non-marring plyers and an allen key in the end. Once apart the o ring can be replaced but I believe SKOUT would just send you new poppet as well.

Reactions: Centercut
Is it the kind of leak that a few twists of the HPR stops it??
Did the leak stop when you replaced 9009 ?
..I have a feeling the problem is o-ring 9006, but seems impossible to replace.
No. I took it apart, cleaned and regreased everything, and it’s fine now. I hope it lasts through the Oregon event. I’ll do it again before RMAC. Plus I have a spare reg both HP and LP