• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Skout .25 Skout Epoch

I received a shipping label from Skout and shipped the gun back last Friday. They received it yesterday (Wednesday). Hopefully I can get it back for the next weekend (not this weekend of course). It had a slow leak that I couldn't find, and the LP reg stopped working after I replaced the outer Orings on the HP reg due to a leak...
FYI, there are FIVE on the Team that have Skouts. Scott @Scotchmo bought a .30 caliber long barrel, Augie @Bigragu bought a .30 caliber long barrel with the $$$ he won for 2nd place EBR 2023 Sportsman 100Y BR, I have the .25 short barrel I won at the EBR 2023 raffle, Caleb @okieairgunner and Derrick @zx10wall recently got .25 caliber short barrel Skout Demo guns to test for competition in the 2024 season.
I'm going to start a new thread once I get mine back, and we'll all post on it of our experiences (good, bad, or indifferent) with the Skout Epoch.
PS., despite the issue with the air leaks, I like the gun and it's a shooter.... .25 Heavy Mk2 at 920 fps is what I was shooting...

View attachment 402269
Is that like half the team? You better send Skout your shirt sizes for 2024 Sponsored jerseys. 🏁😀

Is that like half the team? You better send Skout your shirt sizes for 2024 Sponsored jerseys. 🏁😀
:cool: Well, Airguns of Arizona is our Primary Sponsor, but we're good with additional sponsors as long as they are manufacturers and not dealers... Yes, its half the Team. I'd be OK with them sending patches and stickers for our guns and uniform shirts/hats.
We aren't even to the point where we know whether or not we'll shoot the guns in competition. They gotta beat out our current competition guns like Red Wolf, Delta Wolf, Impact, Ghost, Cricket... Steep hill to climb, but they'll get a fair chance.

Last edited:
OMG! Talk about CUSTOMER SERVICE! Yes, that was supposed to be capitalized and bold. I took the package to UPS on Friday afternoon October 27th. It was received Wednesday November 1st at Skout in PA.

I just received notice today, Thursday November 2nd that the gun was shipped FEDEX and the expected delivery date to San Diego, CA is Wednesday November 8th. What? Now THAT'S a great turn around and first-class customer service.

I was told Bill had updates and the leak fixed by their tech then he went over it as well and shot it in himself. Looking forward to getting the gun back and shooting it next weekend at 100Y BR and also getting my dope set for the EFT GP event in Orlando 1-2 December.

I have had nothing but 100% stellar customer service from Skout.

When deciding what new platform to get with my EBR winnings, number 1 on my list is customer service and support. Whenever I get on the phone with Darryl from Skout he makes me feel like I’m a big vendor that sells his guns, before snd long after the sale!

Number 2 is parts availability and access to parts. Lots of manufacturers boast great platforms but trying to get a parts diagram, part numbers, and parts period, is like pulling teeth. “Just send it in” they say, and I don’t like sending my guns in!

For those top two reasons it was hard for me to stray away from FX, but after speaking with fellow AGN members who have had the Skout for awhile and had nothing bad to say and they all raved about the customer support, I made the move to invest in one.

I feel solid in my decision, no buyers remorse whatsoever
IMG_5897.jpeg
IMG_5898.jpeg
IMG_5900.jpeg

Last edited:
When deciding what new platform to get with my EBR winnings, number 1 on my list is customer service and support. Whenever I get on the phone with Darryl from Skout he makes me feel like I’m a big vendor that sells his guns, before snd long after the sale!

Number 2 is parts availability and access to parts. Lots of manufacturers boast great platforms but trying to get a parts diagram, part numbers, and parts period, is like pulling teeth. “Just send it in” they say, and I don’t like sending my guns in!

For those top two reasons it was hard for me to stray away from FX, but after speaking with fellow AGN members who have had the Skout for awhile and had nothing bad to say and they all raved about the customer support, I made the move to invest in one.

I feel solid in my decision, no buyers remorse whatsoever
View attachment 402534View attachment 402536View attachment 402535
I couldnt agree with you more about customer service. In fact thats the leading reason why i am looking at Skouts. I like to support places with great service.

Copy of e-mail I sent to Skout regarding o-ring size and material:

[email protected]

Sirs,

Your drawings listing part numbers are very good, as are your videos on how to work on the Epoch guns. What I don’t see is a list or spreadsheet of the actual o-ring size and material for all the o-rings on the drawings. Listing that would be greatly beneficial to those of us that do most of our own repair work on our guns…

Thanks,
r/
Mike

I have no Scout or dog in a fight here, but consistently see phenomenal customer service from Scout. And no just superstars like Mike 🤓. People complain about being “beta testers” (particularly with FX guns) but my view is that it’s inevitable for issues to arise when complex new designs get into the hands of lots of people. Companies just can’t test things at a volume sufficient to catch all the issues. That why all new cars have at least one recall/year. At the end of the day it’s about how companies handle it. And of course, if you don’t want to beta test, buy a Taipan vet 1.

I got my gold Epoch back from Skout yesterday. It functions perfectly. My only issue is that it still has a slow leak, overnight, of about 500 to 800 psi. I’m going to assume that’s normal with this valve system and why Skout has the cutoff valve between the bottle and breech.

I shot it over the chrony, and adjusted HP pressure to give about 950 fps with .25 MK2 Heavy pellets. I ended up with HP at 1800 psi, and LP at 180 psi. This gave a 12 shot string with speeds from 948 to 955 fps. Very good ES and SD.
My reasoning for approx 950 fps was in discussion with Jerry K, he said his .25 short barrel shot best between 945 and 960, so I’ll start there. I did have it at approx 920 prior to sending the gun back for service.

I’d like to thank Skout for the super quick turn around and…
In the case was a spare magazine and a 35 inch barrel! Thank you!
I’ll shoot the gun Friday to see how it shoots at 100Y with the 25 inch barrel and then try the longer one. It only takes minutes to swap them.

Mike (CC) I brought this up in 'barrels' sub forum but what do you feel about the aluminum barrel and longevity/not being able to polish?? After the harden coating on the aluminum is gone then ... and if the extrusion process is ruff then no way to polish it out? Thank you C
So far I don’t see a problem. I looked at my Teflon coated pots and pans that have the absolute sh!t beat out of them over 40 years and the coating is still there. As far as if the bore is rough, I’m 99% sure Skout would get you a replacement if you were unlucky enough to get one like that. The way the barrels are made they are very light, and with the CF outer tube system also very stiff. I cleaned mine with regular pull through and Ballistol.

Skout seems like a breath of fresh air in this industry. Are they planning on coming out with any other models besides the Epoch in the future?

I called SKOUT yesterday and spoke with Darryl at length. Needless to say, Darryl was a wealth of knowledge as has been mentioned on this forum multiple times. My main inquiry was whether they will be coming out with a .45 in the future. Unfortunately this in not something that they plan on offering any time soon which was a disappointment.

Darryl did however mention that they are working on a lighter weight 'Hunting' model' which should be available in about a years time. For those with the patience to wait, I am sure this will be a fine rifle. Darryl also mentioned that Slug liners will be available for most calibers in the next 60 to 90 days.

Ezana4CE -

If you want a definitive answer, I would contact Darryl directly @ [email protected] or call 724-879-5204

I find it very refreshing that I can call a company and actually have someone knowledgable answer the phone.

Daryll was super nice and patient with my questions and I am sure he is the same with all inquiries.