Skout .25 Skout Epoch

I know that I can speak directly with the president, chief engineer, and marketing director all right here in the states. I have, and each has been as helpful and responsive as any company I have ever dealt with. I'm getting my second Epoch soon and can hardly wait. They have well earned my patronage.

It’s a butt ugly gun in my Eyes! But they seem to shoot well and they are all American made! And that’s becoming my mantra as of late.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You might not like it, however many others, like myself, find them beautiful. I've shown friends pics of them and they comment on how nice they look, especially with the colors.

Hi Mike, Glad to see you are liking the gun so far! We recently added a new support page on our website. Feel free to choose whatever option is most convenient for you to get in contact with us!

Forgot to say - great shooting at EBR 100Y Luke. 10th place is impressive.
You were shooting the long barrel .30 with 44.75 grain JSB?

Looking forward to hearing more on how you get along with it, I am truly enjoying mine which I purchased while at Pyramyd Air Cup in .25. Had a problem with the low pressure reg a quick phone call and they sent me a new reg which I received in two days took all of 5 minutes to replace and has been stellar ever since. I purchased barrel kits in .22 and .177. Been shooting .177 in my basement since our weather has not been great for shooting outside. Easy to tune down for close range shooting. Enjoy it!

The Epoch is designed, prototyped, and assembled entirely in the USA by Americans. There are components that are sourced from various parts of the world, but none of the machined components are from China. Using a net cost method, the majority of the cost is from the USA. Certainly more than an FX, Daystate, or Red Panda!
Thank you for the detailed explanation Luke. That certainly clears up some rumors I have read elsewhere.

Luke, in one of Joe Polanco’s posts six months or so ago, he said that Skout had a “breakthrough” that allowed you to move forward with the .25 caliber barrels, and that it was “slug testing related”. Can you expound on this, or is it proprietary? Thanks.
Mike
Hi Mike, This mainly had to do with probe length. Once we found this out, we determined our .25 barrels were working well and were able to move forward with releasing .25 caliber!

Last edited:
@LukeSowinski -
Is Skout planning on a .45 caliber option in the future?

I am very impressed by Skouts responsiveness to issues and questions. I am very much looking forward to purchasing a Skout product if / when larger calibers are announced.
There definitely will be a big bore option offered in the future. We will keep you all updated with new information regarding new caliber releases!

With the epoch, how do they come regarding power as i have seen a recent video on YouTube by i think Sony where he fits a high power valve, so do they come with a standard valve ?, i,m really considering one in .30 for a long range fun/hunting gun can anyone offer advice to speeds or power i can expect to get or any other advice more than welcome….

With the epoch, how do they come regarding power as i have seen a recent video on YouTube by i think Sony where he fits a high power valve, so do they come with a standard valve ?, i,m really considering one in .30 for a long range fun/hunting gun can anyone offer advice to speeds or power i can expect to get or any other advice more than welcome….
Here is some information regarding the speeds and power you can expect from the 25" barrel on the gun. You can achieve higher outputs from the long barrel. Right now we only have pellet barrels available. The stock guns come with the standard valve installed, but we do offer the higher power valve as an accessory item! If you have any questions let me know!

epoch-ballistics-sheet-image.jpg

Hi Thanks for your reply, I’m based in spain so would be purchasing from Francisco (wolfeik group)
i,m not sure if they have stock but i,m now confused so are you saying you or and Francisco only have pellet barrels available at this time, As i was under the impression your twist rate on the barrels was good for slug shooting ?
So do you sell a pellet barrel epoch and a slug barrel epoch ? As i can not recall seeing this when the Epochs are advertised ??
sorry forgot to mention i would be only interested in the long barrel
thanks…

Reactions: LukeSowinski
Hi Thanks for your reply, I’m based in spain so would be purchasing from Francisco (wolfeik group)
i,m not sure if they have stock but i,m now confused so are you saying you or and Francisco only have pellet barrels available at this time, As i was under the impression your twist rate on the barrels was good for slug shooting ?
So do you sell a pellet barrel epoch and a slug barrel epoch ? As i can not recall seeing this when the Epochs are advertised ??
sorry forgot to mention i would be only interested in the long barrel
thanks…
All Epochs available right now have our barrel designed for pellets. Although some have had good results shooting slugs out of them, the twist rates were designed for pellets. We are currently working on making slug barrels, starting with .22, .25, and then .30 so it may be a little bit before the .30 is released. We will offer a slug barrel Epoch once we have the barrels, but if you purchase an Epoch now we will also be offering the slug barrels for sale as an accessory item. Chad Simon from Lethal Air has been shooting his .30 cal Epoch long barrel with slugs and has been having good results!

All Epochs available right now have our barrel designed for pellets. Although some have had good results shooting slugs out of them, the twist rates were designed for pellets. We are currently working on making slug barrels, starting with .22, .25, and then .30 so it may be a little bit before the .30 is released. We will offer a slug barrel Epoch once we have the barrels, but if you purchase an Epoch now we will also be offering the slug barrels for sale as an accessory item. Chad Simon from Lethal Air has been shooting his .30 cal Epoch long barrel with slugs and has been having good results!
Thanks for your reply much appreciated,
not sure i want a pellet barrel model as it will be worthless once the slug version is launched, i will have to wait but i,m not very good at that,
thanks again….

Reactions: LukeSowinski
Hi Luke,
Your charts above have two columns, LP and HP. Do your rifles have two regulators and does the chart reflect the pressures for each regulator to yield the velocity outputs listed in the far right column?
Yes, it has a low-pressure and high-pressure regulator on it.

Reactions: Centercut