Skout .25 Skout Epoch

It only came with one barrel. It’s .25 caliber and 25 inch length. I do not know the twist rate.
I was guessing that might be the case. I don’t remember seeing which barrel they send now that it is only 1 barrel, but would guess the neutral one. They are laser ingraved if you ever pull it. It will say caliber length and then either nothing or - or +.

Reactions: Centercut
On Sunday at EBR, in the raffle after the awards ceremony, I won a .25 Skout Epoch in Gold (they call it Champagne).

So this week I’ve shot it over the chrony with MK2 Heavy, and it shoots approx 920 fps. The only issue is that it has a slow leak somewhere, I’ll have to call Skout about that, it goes from 3000 psi to 1500 psi overnight. Other than that everything functions as designed. I replaced the stock moderator with an STO Falx high flow because it is much quieter and can’t have loud where I shoot normally.

I took it to my range this morning to break it in and sight in the scope. I shot a mag at 50 yards, them moved to 100. Shot two more mags (25 shots per mag) and the gun accuracy improved with each mag. This is ten shots after about 75 shots through the gun at 100 yards light breeze.

View attachment 396823

View attachment 396821

So then I decided to set the gun up like I would at a match, front tripod and rear ST rest. This ten shot group 100Y light breeze is after about 150 shots break in. And a pic of the gun set up for competition.

View attachment 396826

View attachment 396827

So far I am happy with the gun and just need to work out the slow leak issue. More to follow.
Hi Mike, Glad to see you are liking the gun so far! We recently added a new support page on our website. Feel free to choose whatever option is most convenient for you to get in contact with us!

Hi Mike, Glad to see you are liking the gun so far! We recently added a new support page on our website. Feel free to choose whatever option is most convenient for you to get in contact with us!

Hi Luke,

I am so happy you were successful with the Scout.

Are you planning to have a lighter (in weight, not in power) hunting version of the Skout in the near future?

Really enjoying my Skout experience 😎
Me too!
IMG_8961.jpeg
IMG_2732.png

That's so cool Mike! No one deserves one more, considering all you do for the airgun comminuty. You are prolific! And now we get to see what the Skout does in the hands of a top shooter. Good times!
Thanks. There’s a good chance I’ll be shooting it next year at RMAC and EBR 100Y BR.

Hi Luke,

I am so happy you were successful with the Scout.

Are you planning to have a lighter (in weight, not in power) hunting version of the Skout in the near future?
Hi,

I am too! The epoch is a blast to shoot! We are currently beginning the development phase for the next Skout model! Shedding some weight is definitely on the agenda for a version of the next one. If anyone has anything they would like to see in the next version please let us know so we can consider it!

Reactions: MAUMAU
Hi,

I am too! The epoch is a blast to shoot! We are currently beginning the development phase for the next Skout model! Shedding some weight is definitely on the agenda for a version of the next one. If anyone has anything they would like to see in the next version please let us know so we can consider it!

Here we go:

1.- Light weight.

2.- In order that the rifle shoulders correctly, there should be about 8 cms of distance among the hight of the butt pad ant the cheek piece.

I enclose a picture of a Sidewinder. This rifle shoulders perfectly.

Screenshot_20231015-175715.jpeg

3.- For hunting purposes I would not include the voice to speak to you.

4.- It is always better to have a walnut or synthetic stock. Makes the rifle easier to carry.

5.- Total length about 36 - 37 inches.

6.- Easy to access safety and very silent to engage and dissengage.

7.- No light that can alert the animal you are going to shoot.

8.- No bright pieces that can shine with sun.

9.- No full auto mode.

10.- No possibility in the magazine to receive dust or sticks when walking in the field and that can jam the magazine.

11.- Enough distance for correct focusing of the scope without additional accessories that would increase weight.

12.- Trigger should be adjutable.

13.- 700 cc bottle to assure good shot count.

14.- Good shroud to silent the rifle.

15.- Dove tail below to receice weaver accessories like bipod, but just for those who want to use it.

16.- As classic shape as possible. We want everybody who see the rifle to understand that we are hunting animals and not aliens with Men in Black weapons.

I invite other hunters to increase this list.

I will eventually add more points.

Thanks a lot for letting us hunters to give our point of view of what next hunting model of Epoch should include !!!!!

Last edited:
Here we go:

1.- Light weight.

2.- In order that the rifle shoulders correctly, there should be about 8 cms of distance among the hight of the butt pad ant the cheek piece.

I enclose a picture of a Sidewinder. This rifle shoulders perfectly.

View attachment 397139

3.- For hunting purposes I would not include the voice to speak to you.

4.- It is always better to have a walnut or synthetic stock. Makes the rifle easier to carry.

5.- Total length about 36 - 37 inches.

6.- Easy to access safety and very silent to engage and dissengage.

7.- No light that can alert the animal you are going to shoot.

8.- No bright pieces that can shine with sun.

9.- No full auto mode.

10.- No possibility in the magazine to receive dust or sticks when walking in the field and that can jam the magazine.

11.- Enough distance for correct focusing of the scope without additional accessories that would increase weight.

12.- Trigger should be adjutable.

13.- 700 cc bottle to assure good shot count.

14.- Good shroud to silent the rifle.

15.- Dove tail below to receice weaver accessories like bipod, but just for those who want to use it.

16.- As classic shape as possible. We want everybody who see the rifle to understand that we are hunting animals and not aliens with Men in Black weapons.

I invite other hunters to increase this list.I

I will eventually add more points.

Thanks a lot for letting us hunters to give our point of view of what next hunting model of Epoch should include !!!!!
I greatly appreciate this input from you! I will make sure to review this list with the team! A few things to note for you and others who may not already be aware -
3- there is a hunt mode on the current model Epoch that silences the rifle completely so animals are not alerted. You can also turn the volume completely off in the settings which will keep it completely off in all shooting modes.
12 - the current trigger on the Epoch is adjustable in pre-travel, post-travel, Trigger weight (magnetic return), and Trigger point (where the trigger actuates the switch to fire.

I greatly appreciate this input from you! I will make sure to review this list with the team! A few things to note for you and others who may not already be aware -
3- there is a hunt mode on the current model Epoch that silences the rifle completely so animals are not alerted. You can also turn the volume completely off in the settings which will keep it completely off in all shooting modes.
12 - the current trigger on the Epoch is adjustable in pre-travel, post-travel, Trigger weight (magnetic return), and Trigger point (where the trigger actuates the switch to fire.
Perfect !!!

So less changes to get to the perfect Epoch hunting rifle !

Reactions: LukeSowinski
I called Skout at lunchtime today and talked to Darryl for about 20 minutes. Very cool guy and receptive to discuss the Skout, but also just about anything else, like EBR, competitions, etc. I have a few areas to look at this evening to see if we can find the slow leak. This leak in no way affects the gun's performance.
I know another of my Team Centercut shooters (Scott Hull @Scotchmo ) has a Skout .30 long barrel in Orange, and he really likes the gun. Plus, Augie @Bigragu has been talking about buying one with his winnings from coming in 2nd place at EBR 100Y Sportsman category.

I called Skout at lunchtime today and talked to Darryl for about 20 minutes. Very cool guy and receptive to discuss the Skout, but also just about anything else, like EBR, competitions, etc. I have a few areas to look at this evening to see if we can find the slow leak. This leak in no way affects the gun's performance.
I know another of my Team Centercut shooters (Scott Hull @Scotchmo ) has a Skout .30 long barrel in Orange, and he really likes the gun. Plus, Augie @Bigragu has been talking about buying one with his winnings from coming in 2nd place at EBR 100Y Sportsman category.
Pretty nice seals of approval…

Hi,

PRS compatible configuration/stock.

Aren’t the parts made in China then assembled in the US?
The Epoch is designed, prototyped, and assembled entirely in the USA by Americans. There are components that are sourced from various parts of the world, but none of the machined components are from China. Using a net cost method, the majority of the cost is from the USA. Certainly more than an FX, Daystate, or Red Panda!