Skout .25 Skout Epoch

unfortunately we must have not made this clear enough for users and we will make a video to discuss regulator adjustments. I’m sorry for the confusion.
It’s clear no problem, sarcasm not necessary. Just a note to fire a shot to see changes for LP after adjustment would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Ah, The classic reg in bypass due to a bad or leaking spool seat.
Nice to see where located. Will need to take it apart at some point & see what the seat material is made of :unsure:
* This being the LP reg ?
Thanx !!!
Yes. Because of course I’ve never adjusted an Airgun reg before…. 🙄

Skout Epoch drawings are great, and easily accessible. But there is/was no list of parts/orings. Talking with Augie @Bigragu , he "cracked the code" for the orings. If you look at the drawings that have part numbers on the drawings, the ones that point to an oring have a number. Examples from below would be SK-OM9017 or SK-OU7010. What these mean are SK (Skout) O (oring) U or M (material - we haven't cracked what the U and M mean yet, probably Urethane for U, not sure for M), 9 or 7 (duro or hardness - 90 or 70) and the last three are the standard (non-metric) AS568 size. All but the 001, 002, and 003 are 1/16" thickness (CS).
I'm cool with buying the little plastic box from Skout to have additional orings, but the box with $5 worth of orings is $50 from Skout. You can buy a lifetime supply for $50 from The Oring Store or Orings and More.

Skout valve drawing.jpg

Reactions: Revoman
Skout Epoch drawings are great, and easily accessible. But there is/was no list of parts/orings. Talking with Augie @Bigragu , he "cracked the code" for the orings. If you look at the drawings that have part numbers on the drawings, the ones that point to an oring have a number. Examples from below would be SK-OM9017 or SK-OU7010. What these mean are SK (Skout) O (oring) U or M (material - we haven't cracked what the U and M mean yet, probably Urethane for U, not sure for M), 9 or 7 (duro or hardness - 90 or 70) and the last three are the standard (non-metric) AS568 size. All but the 001, 002, and 003 are 1/16" thickness (CS).
I'm cool with buying the little plastic box from Skout to have additional orings, but the box with $5 worth of orings is $50 from Skout. You can buy a lifetime supply for $50 from The Oring Store or Orings and More.

View attachment 415328
Hi Mike, I believe you are confusing our spare parts kit with our oring kit. Our spare parts kit is $50 which is what is provided with every gun from the factory and includes more than just orings. Our seal kit includes all orings and is is only $24.99.
1702494585307.jpeg

Hi Mike, I believe you are confusing our spare parts kit with our oring kit. Our spare parts kit is $50 which is what is provided with every gun from the factory and includes more than just orings. Our seal kit includes all orings and is is only $24.99.
View attachment 415369
Yes, my bad. I was just relaying what I heard second hand, sorry for the mistake. $24.99 is reasonable for that selection of orings. Can you say what the U and M stand for as far as material?
Thanks,
Mike

Finally got back out for a while with the Skout today. Trying to find the speed it likes the most, but it seems to like the 910-920 range. I realized when I was finished today that I had not cleaned the barrel yet, and I usually clean after every session. It had gotten pretty dirty and actually had what appeared to be small slivers of lead come out on the patches. Never seen that before. Hoping that gets just a touch of accuracy back that I had the first couple sessions, and I’m guessing it will.

Main goal today was to get my dope for my Meopta scope, which I am really digging. I want to start practicing some EFT type shooting. I have spinners in the trees from 25-100 yards, and she was right on today. Dope was right on and the rifle was consistent enough to hit 2-3” spinners out to 100 yards with relative ease in 2mph or less wind. Now to find some more spinners and other EFT practice targets.

Rifle has not had any issues. Tried a couple moderators, but the factory one has been the best so far with accuracy. I did order the whisper baffles as mentioned before. There was some clipping on the ones that arrived, but Skout listened and immediately sent me out a replacement set and they have been right on. Accuracy with the new Whisper has been very very close to the original factory setup. I am going to test again to continue to compare.

IMG_6431.jpeg

Got around to fixing the LP reg issue with my .25 “Gold” Skout Epoch. I’ve renamed it “Leaky”.
I disassembled the LP reg following the excellent Skout video on UTube. The problem was a broken valve seat. See pic below. The two small white pieces are supposed to be one.

IMG_1789.jpeg

Luckily, there was a replacement in the O-ring and parts kit that comes with all Skouts.
I reassembled the LP reg, and attempted to fill the gun. When I got to about 1800 psi, air started blowing out the socket adjuster hole for the High Pressure (HP) reg.
So I depressurized the gun, removed the HP reg and rebuilt that one also. Really just cleaned everything out, and re-greased all parts as I put it back together. Nothing was replaced. I did notice that the two spacers under the adjustment cap were actually on the opposite side of the spring. The video shows them between the adjuster cap and spring, and that’s where I put them. Mine had them between the spring and spring guide.
Also, the video only shows 3 orings on the outside of the upper reg body, mine has 4. And, the oring above the poppet seat in the video didn’t exist. My gun has a metal spacer in that area.
After reassembly everything went well, no leaks. Adjusted HP and LP reg and shot some MK2 Heavy over the Chrono at 950 fps.
Will shoot it at 100 yards this coming weekend. Hopefully “Leaky” behaves and I don’t have any issues for a while.

IMG_1797.jpeg

Skout weirdness. I rebuilt the HP reg after I fixed the LP reg (see above)
The two spacers MFE 109 were in there from the factory between spring and part MFE 108. (This is how I received the gun). This drawing shows them where I put them between the spring and MFE 102K.

The reg is all of a sudden, perfect.. part MFE 104 is like a metal spacer but stepped. The UTube video shows a white oring. I think maybe I put that in opposite of the way it shows and this also affected performance? Just guessing here. Whatever I did it’s firing on all cylinders. I’ll take it apart and see but it’s working so well I don’t want to mess with it.

Now it shoots same speed from 3400 down to 1900 psi. Average 957 fps. HP reg stays constant while keeping between 30 to 40 psi variance. ES for the entire shot string is about 10 to 12 fps with an SD of under 3. Gun is shooting better than it ever has. WTF?
The only negative seems to be efficiency. One magazine took me from 3400 to 2300 psi. HP at 1825 ish, LP at 170 psi. .25 Heavy at 957 fps.

I shot a quick EBR card windy swirly mostly left to right, no sighters 228.

Last edited:
IIRC ... Mine came having the 109 washers with 1 either side of the spring & seems to work as it should ?

Odd that the O-ring that goes between 104 and 103 is not even shown .. thats not good !!!
It doesn’t seem like it should matter. That’s why I’m baffled. Being the wing nut that I am, I didn’t notice which direction part MFE 104 was in when I disassembled the gun so I just put it back in what seemed the correct way.
Bottom line. SOMETHING changed. For the better.
PS., mine didn’t/doesn’t have that oring between 104 and 103.

It doesn’t seem like it should matter. That’s why I’m baffled. Being the wing nut that I am, I didn’t notice which direction part MFE 104 was in when I disassembled the gun so I just put it back in what seemed the correct way.
Bottom line. SOMETHING changed. For the better.
PS., mine didn’t/doesn’t have that oring between 104 and 103.
In Video you had up for a short time, they even showed and talked about it sitting ON TOP of the seat.
I have a back up HP reg that i have gone threw and it absolutely has that o-ring in place

Last edited:
Reactions: Centercut
I would go nuts if i had to do all that is being discussed here , but then i'm not trying to do what your trying to accomplish . Good Luck !
If you had not noticed ? .... we were well into being NUTS before we started !!! Thus is the tinkerers state of mind :ROFLMAO:

Does it also have the metal spacer? Looks like a ferrule. About 1/2 cm.
In the same area ? .... nope

But then again ... early on I was sent a replacement HP regulator that looked exactly like what was already there ? I did change it out and perhaps that is some sort of updated spec ? Not been inside the replacement HP reg being it is working just fine.

Think we need SKOUT to chime in here and share what we're assuming with some facts :eek:

Reactions: Centercut