Skout .25 Skout Epoch

On Sunday at EBR, in the raffle after the awards ceremony, I won a .25 Skout Epoch in Gold (they call it Champagne).

So this week I’ve shot it over the chrony with MK2 Heavy, and it shoots approx 920 fps. The only issue is that it has a slow leak somewhere, I’ll have to call Skout about that, it goes from 3000 psi to 1500 psi overnight. Other than that everything functions as designed. I replaced the stock moderator with an STO Falx high flow because it is much quieter and can’t have loud where I shoot normally.

I took it to my range this morning to break it in and sight in the scope. I shot a mag at 50 yards, them moved to 100. Shot two more mags (25 shots per mag) and the gun accuracy improved with each mag. This is ten shots after about 75 shots through the gun at 100 yards light breeze.

IMG_1598.jpeg

IMG_1595.jpeg

So then I decided to set the gun up like I would at a match, front tripod and rear ST rest. This ten shot group 100Y light breeze is after about 150 shots break in. And a pic of the gun set up for competition.

IMG_1599.jpeg

IMG_1597.jpeg

So far I am happy with the gun and just need to work out the slow leak issue. More to follow.

Last edited:
Congratulations!
Looks like a winner there for sure. Great shooting too!
They will leak down over a night or so by design, or as a consequence of it. The way the valve seats and operates has much less seal bias than most others. You are supposed to turn the valve between the bottle and the gun off between uses. There is a large silver knob on the right side of the gun to degas the rifle itself as well. Once I got used to it I grew to appreciate the additional safety it provides as well.

Last edited:
On Sunday at EBR, in the raffle after the awards ceremony, I won a .25 Skout Epoch in Gold (they call it Champagne).

So this week I’ve shot it over the chrony with MK2 Heavy, and it shoots approx 920 fps. The only issue is that it has a slow leak somewhere, I’ll have to call Skout about that, it goes from 3000 psi to 1500 psi overnight. Other than that everything functions as designed. I replaced the stock moderator with an STO Falx high flow because it is much quieter and can’t have loud where I shoot normally.

I took it to my range this morning to break it in and sight in the scope. I shot a mag at 50 yards, them moved to 100. Shot two more mags (25 shots per mag) and the gun accuracy improved with each mag. This is ten shots after about 75 shots through the gun at 100 yards light breeze.

View attachment 396823

View attachment 396821

So then I decided to set the gun up like I would at a match, front tripod and rear ST rest. This ten shot group 100Y light breeze is after about 150 shots break in. And a pic of the gun set up for competition.

View attachment 396826

View attachment 396827

So far I am happy with the gun and just need to work out the slow leak issue. More to follow.
Congratulations for everything: shooting as champ, wining the Scout and what you achieved with the Scout at 100 yards.

Reactions: Centercut
Thats very nice.
However personally with my unfortunate situation, the Epoch i dont see as a viable rifle in .177 caliber, but anything else and it is interesting to me, just my masters say i can not have anything else.
I think i would like one in .30 if i could.
I have a .177 on the way. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Congratulations!
Looks like a winner there for sure. Great shooting too!
The will leak down over night or so by design, or as a consequence of it. The way the valve seats and operates has much less seal bias than most others. You are supposed to turn the valve between the bottle and the gun off between uses. There is a large silver knob on the right side of the gun to degas the rifle itself as well. Once I got used to it I grew to appreciate the additional safety it provides as well.
I saw something about that in a review I was watching a week or two ago.

View attachment 396823

View attachment 396821

View attachment 396826

View attachment 396827

Shooting really well! You have a good problem with another nice shooting rifle. It matches the rear rest!!!

View attachment 396823

View attachment 396821

View attachment 396826

View attachment 396827

Mike - Which barrel were you using? Neutral, +,- ?

Those are really good groups, clearly it's a shooter. Those rifles have a super distinct sound to them too which I find cool 😎. I just really hate the ergonomics of them and they seem to be temperamental based on what I've seen a handful of times as well as read about but, it does seem that skout remedies the issues when they arise 🤷‍♂️

I hope the leak is something simple and it remains trouble free for you, what a prize to win!