• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 predator polymag

Hey - I´ve been using them in .22 and .177 but the caliber doesn´t really matter with regard to your question. The answer is: some rifles like them and some don´t. In my experience, a good speed is about 900 fps and lower but certainly not faster than 950 fps. 

If the pellets are really accurate in your rifle, they can be shot out to 100 yards, no problem. Bear in mind that they lose energy more rapidly because of their low BC but even at 100 yards, they come in with sufficient energy to smoke a rabbit, squirrel or pigeon (when shot at 800 fps and more) so the question is rather: are you able to consistently hit a 1" kill zone at 100 yards? 

So... all pellets can be shot to the distance they will still hit accurately. Mainly if you intend to use them on live game. If you´re just plinking, a miss or bad hit doesn´t really matter.

So: how far you can shoot them will have to be tried out in your particular rifle with its particular barrel and the particular shooter behind the setup. 

The top groups in this target were shot with .25 Predator Polymags at 52 yards. To that range and on to 75 yds from that rifle they are very accurate but drift and drop a tad more than Kings. FX Elite with ST barrel at 880 fps. Only the three groups shot in the session but the Kings were the best of about 10 groups.

The rifle:

Out of interest here is a video I took of .22 cal Polymags at exceptional speed in wind - second three shots with comparison to 3 Exact heavies.
These were shot with my BSA Hornet Special.
In the 71 yards video below the first three shots were 18.1 gr JSB .22s in some wind at about 980 fps (too fast for that wind).
The second three were .22 cal Polymags at 1009 fps which show very stable flight in the fair wind that blew.

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v392/Kyogle/Videos-1.mp4

The rifle:

Both the .25 and .22 Polymags actually don't seem to mind a little more velocity. Same goes for the .22 Metalmags ........... Hope this helps and is of interest. ... Regards, Harry.