• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

.25 OR .30 FOR 100 YARDS?

Oh boy!! I'm very interested in this as well. I just started BR this year. From all the research I had done previous, the .25 in 34gr was said to have the same bc as the 44gr in .30. With getting 300 .25 vs 150 .30 pellets in a tin, I went with the .25. Mind you this is my first rifle above .177. I went with the 600mm Panthera. Ken Hicks at SPAW is helping me get her all tuned in for the Pyramid Cup and adding some upgrades.

Keith

The .25 Heavy actually has a better BC than the .30 cal 44.75 grain, and about the same as the new .30 cal 56 grain ZAN. Good choice. As far as the gun, good choice also. If you’re only shooting bench I’d go with the Dynamic, but a bigger front bottle can be added to the Panthera. That gun when set to shoot the 34 grain .25 doesn’t need “upgrades”. I shot a bone stock .25 600mm Panthera with Altaros ATP Smooth Slugs at the Oregon Long Range event this year the end of April and won with a perfect score. The gun is capable and as good as you can shoot it. Learn to read the wind!

Oh boy!! I'm very interested in this as well. I just started BR this year. From all the research I had done previous, the .25 in 34gr was said to have the same bc as the 44gr in .30. With getting 300 .25 vs 150 .30 pellets in a tin, I went with the .25. Mind you this is my first rifle above .177. I went with the 600mm Panthera. Ken Hicks at SPAW is helping me get her all tuned in for the Pyramid Cup and adding some upgrades.

Keith
Good luck at PAC!

Reactions: aerotulz
The .25 Heavy actually has a better BC than the .30 cal 44.75 grain, and about the same as the new .30 cal 56 grain ZAN. Good choice. As far as the gun, good choice also. If you’re only shooting bench I’d go with the Dynamic, but a bigger front bottle can be added to the Panthera. That gun when set to shoot the 34 grain .25 doesn’t need “upgrades”. I shot a bone stock .25 600mm Panthera with Altaros ATP Smooth Slugs at the Oregon Long Range event this year the end of April and won with a perfect score. The gun is capable and as good as you can shoot it. Learn to read the wind!
For upgrades, I just wanted to add some nice pieces to it. Saber rail, Keller Digital gauges, Saber front bottle drop down kit, 300cc front bottle and a few others. Should have plenty of air to get through a match for sure now. I'm for sure invested in this gun now !!!

Panthera.jpg

For upgrades, I just wanted to add some nice pieces to it. Saber rail, Keller Digital gauges, Saber front bottle drop down kit, 300cc front bottle and a few others. Should have plenty of air to get through a match for sure now. I'm for sure invested in this gun now !!!

View attachment 378829
Very nice! You should get about 100 shots per fill with the .25 Heavy at 900 fps. Looks great! Congrats!
PS., I use an STO (Silent Thunder Ordnance) Pugio on mine and it works great and has no adverse effect on accuracy.

Very nice! You should get about 100 shots per fill with the .25 Heavy at 900 fps. Looks great! Congrats!
PS., I use an STO (Silent Thunder Ordnance) Pugio on mine and it works great and has no adverse effect on accuracy.
Oh yeah. Totally forgot about the moderator. I bought an Impulse Air 1350, but haven't shot with it yet.

Thank you for this good info. I feel a bit better about picking up the 25 cal barrel for my ghost that arrives monday. By 25 heavy, I assume you mean the JSB diablo heavy 34 grain pellets correct?

Do you know how the 25 caliber benajamin match pellets compare? They are only 28 grain. A friend who has been helping me get going has been raving about the 177 caliber pellets made by them and has said they perform better than anything he has shot so far. He is waiting for more stock to become available so he can get more. He feels that JSB might be slipping in their quality control recently and gotten complacent.

Now another question. How do 25 caliber slugs stack up to 30 caliber? Does one have better BC than the other? Are slugs going to be better at 100 yards IF your gun can shoot them well? I know many cant. I have heard the Daystate A.R.T barrels aren't as slug friendly as their other models of barrels.

Thank you for this good info. I feel a bit better about picking up the 25 cal barrel for my ghost that arrives monday. By 25 heavy, I assume you mean the JSB diablo heavy 34 grain pellets correct?

Do you know how the 25 caliber benajamin match pellets compare? They are only 28 grain. A friend who has been helping me get going has been raving about the 177 caliber pellets made by them and has said they perform better than anything he has shot so far. He is waiting for more stock to become available so he can get more. He feels that JSB might be slipping in their quality control recently and gotten complacent.

Now another question. How do 25 caliber slugs stack up to 30 caliber? Does one have better BC than the other? Are slugs going to be better at 100 yards IF your gun can shoot them well? I know many cant. I have heard the Daystate A.R.T barrels aren't as slug friendly as their other models of barrels.
Here is 3 @ 100 w/ a Ghost .30 took pic before 4 & 5 as I new I was toast because I was struggling with trigger at that point. I tried slugs but didn't spnd any seriouse time there as I could see righting on wall. Tried maybe 10- 12 differant slugs. I think in .25 Ghost it will come down to wind & you just as it does with .30. I suspect in a few years once slugs & barrel choices get thicker I feel slugs will dominate 100. 100 is pushing it for a pellet IMO
PXL_20230812_224331979.jpg