25 Mrod comes out of retirement...

Just had to say, first shots after prolonged non use with many of my expensive regulated guns is not perfect to say the least. Something to be said and not forgotten around here about the simplicity and dependability of a simple proven design non regulated rifle.

Hadn't shot the ole gen2 25cal mrod in almost 2 years. Had just dusted it off along with a few other safe queens...

Had 2700psi in it, just like I left it. Armed with the jsb pellets it was sighted in with. 

Been a pesty nutter chewing things up on the patio. Set up in tree about 35yards away from my bench, looking right at me. Had to act fast as this huge old male nutter never stays still and won't go to my bait station.

Mrod25 was sitting right there all cleaned up, cocked it and had confidence from past experience,, it would be just like I left it.

First shot in 1.75years out of the ole mrod 5,000+ rounds thru it, DRT, dropped off the tree twitching away. Surprisingly while looking at it on the ground in the scope about 2 seconds latter, big tabby cat came running in and grabbed it, shaking it violently, walking away proudly with it in its mouth, lol... That neighbors cat had been watching/ambushing that big male nutter for a year now and thinks it finally took it down... lol

Shot looked to enter exactly right where it was aimed center cross hairs o clicks , an ear shot...

Reactions: SHOMER
A lot more interest in Marauders percolating on the GTA Forum, lately..

I have a lightweight air tube coming for my Gen I .22.

I have a HUMA regulator and will be ordering a lightweight hammer.

Planning on some serious ground squirrel shooting this year.

AD136171-8C72-4F2D-9D65-05B1E3F20968.1646055819.jpeg