• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 Max Air First impressions

Whats up with bullpups and rear cocking? Ergonomics anyone? It makes no sense...its just a huge slap in the face that suggests "I'm too lazy to engineer a proper cocking mechanism per the rifles design, so I'll toss in what I can"...just seeing a bullpup with rear cocking makes my head hurt.

That trigger guard is quite hideous, very blocky, and lacks little ingenuity compared to the 'semi automatic' capability of the rifle...coupled with what you say is a very poor trigger mechanism or operation, both seem to leave much to be desired.

Stock looks decent, that gap you mention is uhm...undesirable 

The fact its not super adjustable or tunable is a huge down side to this version of Evanix semi's...you can't hot rod them, the power must be left at modest levels, which isn't the end of the world, but when you top that off with what will be lack luster accuracy at long ranges (would love to see 100 yard groups with the air speed/max...willing to bet things get funny beyond 50 yards with this rifle during semi auto operation) If I am wrong and this gun comes close to 1 moa @ 100 then I will eat my own words, but the rest of my sentiments remain.

-Matt

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It seems to be a well engineered unique rifle. If not your cup of tea, don't buy one. I will certainly consider getting one myself.

Very nice rifle. Enjoy it, Brian.

Another quick update. Tried some Benjamin Domes over the weekend at it did not go well. First shot jammed the rifle and I ended up with a damaged magazine. The pellet retaining spring was destroyed and I had to remove the jammed pellet with a pair of hemostats once I was able to slide the magazine far enough to get at it. JSAR is sending a replacement (very Cool of them). Also if you are a 1 air tank guy like me I suggest you get your trigger time with this gun right after you have your tank filled!! It does not take long for my 88cu tank to get below the max fill pressure of this thing and this is a pellet/air eating machine. Hope the price of these new compressors keeps coming down!