.25 M-rod build, on paper

Since I have to tragically miss the TEXtreme bench rest today due to work, i figured Id at least get this afternoon’s project ready. Been piecing and parting this build together for some time and its finally ready to assemble completely. Nice coincidence its Independence Day too. With some luck should be airing up this evening, more to come!

Armada .25 Breech w Gen 1 bolt
24” TJ barrel, 1:22, threaded
Hill hammer, PEEK striker, 255 HS, stop pin
Cothran Powerhouse Valve
O-ring buffer
Huma reg, XL plenum, set point TBD
Hill threaded air stripper, ext. shroud, 8” ldc
Marauder FT regulated model tube ( +2” than non-reg model)
Talon Tunes 6” tube extension
20moa riser
Stainless hardware

Hammer area needs a polish and treat w H-Bn, as does the barrel. Typical trigger work for marauders. 400mm Carbon fiber rods alternating .8, 1.5 mm diameters will run around the barrel, tensioned w o-rings. Delrin tuner. Building around 33 gr commercial pellets as the lightest tune and for competition, and 37-39 gr cast pellets ( noe magnum mold) for hunting. Should be a fun build and great learning experience. Shot count will be atrocious, as will carrying such a monster (over 41” long as it sits) but expected.
133265CB-B16C-49CF-8A6C-7A92780847BD.jpeg
79AB561F-D2FF-4504-BAAC-1E1827069CE5.jpeg
711860B7-2D01-4EB3-9F72-A2F9C8AB0279.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! Brings back memories of when I first dove into the mod game with my gen2 25 cal marauder. Still got that thing, and I’m glad I kept it. Has all of hills upgrades, Huma Reg, and the long gone JSAR lightweight air tube. Currently mine is set back to the famous 40/40 tune.

Please keep posting up pics as your build finalizes. Definately interested.

One of these days I’ll convert all the fasteners to stainless like I’ve done with all my PCP’s, but on the marauder I’m going to use all Torx heads as the Allen sockets round off too easily

Nice! Brings back memories of when I first dove into the mod game with my gen2 25 cal marauder. Still got that thing, and I’m glad I kept it. Has all of hills upgrades, Huma Reg, and the long gone JSAR lightweight air tube. Currently mine is set back to the famous 40/40 tune.

Please keep posting up pics as your build finalizes. Definately interested.

One of these days I’ll convert all the fasteners to stainless like I’ve done with all my PCP’s, but on the marauder I’m going to use all Torx heads as the Allen sockets round off too easily
Thanks! If you remember a few years back, you helped me with some newbie issues when I was going sideways on my first m-rod. Still can’t thank you enough and glad you’re well.

So aired up last night, all good. No issues installing, holding air, no lost hardware. When all goes well is when i get nervous. Let off the maiden shot after adjusting the hammer spring, and the valve leaks after closing. Tried another two shots, nope still leaking, audible hiss. Let it air itself down overnight and this morning i grabbed a new spare valve and installed, also checked the reg set point, no creep. Must have been some debris, dunno, i’ll dissect it later.
Because I’m using the tube from a FT regulated model, i cant just put a gauge block in for basic tuning before installing the Huma. The factory vent hole is wide open without the plenum or factory regulator. I went with this tube for the extra 2” length for head space in addition to the 6” extension.

I also just now noticed something about the valves I have, only two are serialized. The leaking one is the non serialized one. 🫤All from the same order too. Meh, not worried about it, gives me spare parts and internals.

If its still holding air when the chores are done, i’ll post initial numbers and pics.

323EFD50-E8B7-4669-8949-9D1511E5C018.jpeg

WOOOOOOOOW, I've been down that road and it was lonely and bumpy. The combination that you're running is similar to mine. For a better shot count, run a free floating hammer system and give yourself about a 1/8 to 3/16 of space between the hammer and the valve needle. This will help with the valve bounce and waisted air. The 1911 "Flat" spring can be trimmed to fit; always order 2. I run between 18lbs and 24lbs springs, it all depends on the hammer that I run and the max psi I plan on running on the reg. The Power valve can be tuned with a lighter internal spring and unshrouding the exhaust port making it easier for charged air to pass. On the trigger, I polished ALL contact points, be careful not changing the profile. Then balance out the pull on the trigger and you'll be surprised. Currently I am pushing 44 grain slugs at 980+fps, extremely accurately.
1658021651385.png
1658021669786.png
1658021741167.png

Reactions: SqrlHntr
Stand down, Snafu.
Ninja reg is a ball valve, block is set up for a pin valve. Did not pay attention or even consider it. Ball sits more recessed than the block adapter allows for and wont air up past the reg. This only my second paintball reg’d airgun, the other is a pin valve and works fine. Im open to suggestions, not too much exp with these regs.

Great project ... we done / assembled / executed :cool:
Having made a somewhat similar BEAST of an m-rod with an FX 700mm .30 cal barrel fitted.
Generally is set to run @ 92fpe and if leaned on will make @ 115 fpe. Accurate too ;)
you made my weekend with the compliment and you prob had no idea as to the weight. Thank you. Im laid up right now with a wrenched disc in my neck instead of camping out at Ranchito Robinson and shooting Textreme. If its not one thing, its another.