Tuning .25 leshy 2

This is way more complicated then it looks or sounds. I spent over a tausand shots trying to make a single size pellet work (.22 MRD's 26gr) and I didn't like the results. Btw a radar is a big help.
I have learned that if somebody tells you put 2x0.3 jets and set the Reg at 140 bars and shoot that pellet with 960 fps.............that doesn't work . Yes you can shoot that pellet but the grouping suffers and lot of flyers...because the 0.3 jets back-blows at the muzzle the pellet skirt and start wobbling and chattering in the air. Maybe you need to try 0.7 jets.
Especially with L2 YOU DON'T CHOSE the pellet...the barrel does. And mine barrel and your barrel and Joes barrel same brand will work different.

I started making a spreadsheet months ago.
Just received yesterday five different weight pellets, wash them and right now drying, tomorrow I will lube them, and range time.
Paper and a pen and I start playing the tuning game again :)

Hello everyone. I tried searching but tons of leshy information comes up. I am wondering if anyone has the leshy 25 cal with the 450 mm barrel if you would share with me your best tunes. I feel like I am wasting lots of air.
yes my friend i have the same problem i sent it to Brian. but i think i pisshim off by telling him to get there poop together. & he just do the minimum on miss miss fire issue but still lossing alot of air i even install a 300 cc from my impact. i will try this weekend & let you know how many round per tank i get... Sorry

This is way more complicated then it looks or sounds. I spent over a tausand shots trying to make a single size pellet work (.22 MRD's 26gr) and I didn't like the results. Btw a radar is a big help.
I have learned that if somebody tells you put 2x0.3 jets and set the Reg at 140 bars and shoot that pellet with 960 fps.............that doesn't work . Yes you can shoot that pellet but the grouping suffers and lot of flyers...because the 0.3 jets back-blows at the muzzle the pellet skirt and start wobbling and chattering in the air. Maybe you need to try 0.7 jets.
Especially with L2 YOU DON'T CHOSE the pellet...the barrel does. And mine barrel and your barrel and Joes barrel same brand will work different.

I started making a spreadsheet months ago.
Just received yesterday five different weight pellets, wash them and right now drying, tomorrow I will lube them, and range time.
Paper and a pen and I start playing the tuning game again :)
What kind of distance are you putting out these? I just literally only did a barrel swap to go from .30 to .22 and it SEEMS accurate but I'm only pushing it out to 50 yards.

What kind of distance are you putting out these? I just literally only did a barrel swap to go from .30 to .22 and it SEEMS accurate but I'm only pushing it out to 50 yards.
I don't shoot anything below 50 meters/yards. 22LR silhouettes up to 100 meters with the Leshiy2, or 50 meters paper rings, and with my Impact 100 rings. I am shooting only in my gunclub 15 minutes from home and no backyard plinking.

My accuracy is not too bad at 50 yards with slugs. I have the unchoked 450 mm barrel. I have only shot maybe 150 rounds through it so far and I believe the groups will get better as it leads up more. I was having issues with my fx radar but when it did get a reading it’s around 920 fps. (Which has worked well with other slugs). I am thinking I just don’t have the proper jets in it. I would think I would get 4 full mags before falling off the reg. I get 2 right now.

Well i've easily shot over a 1500 pellets and slugs looking for the right reg setting for any of the four: Kings, MK1, MK2, NSA 33, AVS 32. All at 50 yards. The key is i'm looking for great shot count (4x6 mags) Factory jets believe 2x.4's, .25 Cal, 350mm. I can't get a consistant MOA at 50 yards to save my life. I have tried 100 bar to 145 bar in 5 bar steps and get some 4 shot MOA groups with one flyer, but never 3 in a row. I know if I step it up to 160bar I can do it but that waste so much air, and my compressor just too a poop.

Well i've easily shot over a 1500 pellets and slugs looking for the right reg setting for any of the four: Kings, MK1, MK2, NSA 33, AVS 32. All at 50 yards. The key is i'm looking for great shot count (4x6 mags) Factory jets believe 2x.4's, .25 Cal, 350mm. I can't get a consistant MOA at 50 yards to save my life. I have tried 100 bar to 145 bar in 5 bar steps and get some 4 shot MOA groups with one flyer, but never 3 in a row. I know if I step it up to 160bar I can do it but that waste so much air, and my compressor just too a poop.
I have a 250mm leishy that was a originally a .30 that I converted to a .22 and I can't get above 710 fps to save my life. I asked how I could get the FPS up and I was told to "get a 600mm barrel".

AoA told me that they had two identical leishys side by side, one shot 900 the other took serious effort to get to 750.

I love the formfactor, I like how I can work on it, I do not care for the product consistency.

I have a 250mm leishy that was a originally a .30 that I converted to a .22 and I can't get above 710 fps to save my life. I asked how I could get the FPS up and I was told to "get a 600mm barrel".

AoA told me that they had two identical leishys side by side, one shot 900 the other took serious effort to get to 750.

I love the formfactor, I like how I can work on it, I do not care for the product consistency.
That is crazy huh. What was it shooting as a .30?

With pellets or slugs?
I found the non-EAR old style valve housing to do a bit better than new edition, be it with or without the dog bone and collar

L2 new forward plug vs old fps.JPG

This doesn’t necessarily apply to any specific application mentioned here but it helps to know the limits and more importantly, what getting close to the limit does.

Bighun mentions the air blast at the base of the pellet. It can kill consistency on paper. How big that blast of air is can be minimized by NOT trying to get close to maximum fpe for a given setup.

Bob Sterne has given us a ‘lofty goal’ formula that works excellent for determining a max fpe for a given caliber, barrel length, and pressure.

If we are getting close to the max, you can be assured you are wasting air and have considerable muzzle blast.

Caliber squared x pi/4 x barrel/24 x psi

(Hope I wrote that correct, lol)

The one thing we can easily change there is the pressure. But to take advantage of a higher reg setting to reduce muzzle blast, we MUST decrease dwell. Which means larger jets.

My L2 is fantastic but I also know it’s limits.

Probably doesn’t solve anyones issues but something to consider.

Dave

FWIW, my REPR .22 250mm L2 @140 BAR shoots 18.1s to ~840 FPS and 15.9s to ~870 FPS

20 fps better than Ed's test with the 350mm at 140 bar!

L2 5.5-250, dependency speed-pressure 1.JPG

I really don't understand how Ed got those low numbers, and I'm not the only one, theLBC from the comment string get 915 fps with reg at 120 bar

L2 5.5-350, dependency speed-pressure, comment.JPG

Ed also did same test the 250 mm barrel but did not post the exact numbers in a chart but 140 bar was 768 fps (234 m/sec)

L2 5.5/250, dependency speed/pressure

Last edited:
We must admit that the Leshiy2 is not just an ordinary airgun. The tricks are very different compared to a mainstream PCP.
It costed me more then half a year visiting my gun range, money, time, full drawers of parts and tinkering, several tausand pellets to realize, that:
We don't chose the pellets....the barrel does!!!
I started with stock 350mm barrels (both .22 and .25), swap them down to custom Russian 450mm barrels and finally ended up with FX 600mm liner/barrel, and with over 10 different Brand/Model/weight pellets on my shelfs, to get here.

AA Diablo Hunter.jpg
AA Diablo Field and Hunter.jpg
HN Baracuda 15.jpg

These are only my sample rings from 50 meters = 55 yards, and I have dozens more, the evolution how I got here without flyers.

The current setup is with HN FT and Hunter 16gr pellets, 91 bar on REPR, 2x0.8 jets, the speed is in range between 860 and 930.
I think I shall use the 2x0.9 jets, but the problem....
The 16 gr is still very vulnerable to slightest wind, at least at my location.
My goal is to get back to 25 gr MRD's, but earlier several months ago with a relatively short 450 barrel and smaller jets I had an awful number of flyers.
So to recap, short barrels (350-450) generate and release a big amount of air blast coming out of the muzzle and that will make the pellets tumbling. Look at the lower picture (that was the oldest I cannot reorder)...the most left column was shot from a bare barrel, next to R I mounted a shroud (with internal rear facing stripper), the next R I added an airstripper... and the next R was just a test with different LPVO scope.
I can understand that the short barrels look more cool - but you need to decide that for yourself.
;)

Last edited: