.25 knockouts?

So I spent the extra cash to buy a tin of the new .25 knockouts from Giles' new shop and have them shipped to me in Michigan because I have no patience. They are in .251 dia. and dont shoot very well in my airwolf extreme with its standard choked LW barrel. Does anyone know if they plan on offering them in different diameters? 

Btw that gun shoots the fx slugs almost as good as it shoots the mk2 pellets at 67yds

Yes there are,still being tested and not for sale atm.i have got mysellf a tin of 

22 mk2 ko slugs (yet to be tested..)

There is a significant difference in the skirt of the both..

My friend had some pretty good results shooting the .25 mk2 k.o out of his crown(tuned for 34grain mk2 jsb pellets)with the normal pellet a liner out tob82 yards o really bad wind and rain.looked promising. 

Here a pic of the difference between the .22 mk1 and mk2 slugs.

20201115_201507.1605654915.jpg
20201115_201427.1605654917.jpg

I am testing the MK2 JSB KO's in .22 and .25 and so far they are really really good . In .22 they are super accurate though my Red Wolf running 940 fps . Through the Impact I tried them and after a little tune , I was shooting them at 910 fps and they were divine to say the least . It was vile weather and really windy , both slugs grouped well even in those conditions. Once it gets better over here in the UK I am out with them again . I want to push them right out to proper distance and see how they are compared to the MK1's . So far they are doing well . 

Let's see what happens .

Rog

Thanx Rog. Cant wait to get some of those over here. My wildcat mk3 sniper in .22 loves the first gen knockouts. Wouldn't it be something if the the 2nd gen. Shot even better.

Do you have a traditional choked LW barrel gun in .25 that you could try a few of the mkii. 25s in? I wish daystate would start offering polygon barrels to retrofit its older model guns. Thanx tim

The .25 KOs are not in the US yet. I saw them on UAG web site but they don’t have any .22 caliber so that makes me think they’re just taking pre orders. Not sure when we’ll see them or when we’ll get more it the .217 for our .22s. I’d like to try the .25 in my Impact with both Slug A and Superior liners. And the .217 shoot lights out in my DS RW HP. 

Thanx Rog. Cant wait to get some of those over here. My wildcat mk3 sniper in .22 loves the first gen knockouts. Wouldn't it be something if the the 2nd gen. Shot even better.

Do you have a traditional choked LW barrel gun in .25 that you could try a few of the mkii. 25s in? I wish daystate would start offering polygon barrels to retrofit its older model guns. Thanx tim

The .25 barrel I have is the FX Superior heavy liner , They work a treat in that I tell you ... Sadly I dont have a .25 Red Wolf/ Safari ( very sadly ) but would test for you if I did buddy . The Poly barrel on the .22 Red Wolf absolutely loved MK2's . They really really flew well and worked a treat as said. In the UK I use Wildman , Pro Hunter and JSB and all of these work super super well with both guns . 

Rog

I don't know about Mk1 and Mk2 KO in .25. Sounds like BS to me. They have been available in Europe for a few weeks now. I have had two deliveries and they are both the same. I have a 600 mm Crown with the new Superior Heavy barrel. That barrel shoots the 33.9 gr pellets and the 34 grain KO perfectly with the same tune. I am now using the original reg pressure of 135 bar and they both fly about 870 fps. I am very happy with both the slugs and the barrel.

UAG and Pyramydair have them in stock. Basically at the time this post was created they became available. The tins I ordered should be here tomorrow. Based on what I’ve seen they are MK 1. Not sure why I even ordered them, the NSA 33.5’s are .250 rather than .251. So the JSBs will most likely shoot slower. The NSA 33.5’s shoot excellent out of my Superior liner and are cheaper (about 3 cents) per slug than KO’s. Unless the KO’s are hole in hole at 65 yards I’ll probably be sticking with the NSA’s which group 1/2 inch pretty much all day at 65 yards.

airgungear on instagram is my source. his second to last post has photos of both MK-I and MK-II. if you’re not on instagram I can sum up his post.

’First impression, bigger skirt, looks like a pellet from the rear, weights same pretty much, but the skirt is way deeper and better formed than MK-I’.

Credit to Giles of airgungear 

Also forgot to mention that I got a few tins of .25 ‘MK-I’ KO’s today. Still tuning but I had groups about inch and a half at 65 yards, I also had 1/2 inch groups at 65 yards. I’m impressed with them. even with the little experience I have with them they grouped as good maybe a little better than NSA 33.5’s which are my go to for slugs at the moment.