• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

.25 jsb heavies and smooth twist barrels

My wildcat shoots the mk1 heavies at 810 fps and the mk2 at 825 fps as their skirt isn't as big as the mk1 heavies. Their both more accurate than the 25.4 kings and in my rifle their almost the same in accuracy, maybe the mk2 are a little more consistent. I'm going to try to up the fps a little and see if there's any more improvement but these 33.95 heavies are great. Right now all I shoot are the mk2 heavies. Very accurate.

Bitfrost. I just chrony'd my FX Wildcat .25 caliber tonight.
The chrony was about 12" in front of the muzzle. 
Measured 10 shots each, took the average fps and calculated the ft lbs. 
The JSB 25 grain avg 790 fps (34.68 ft lbs energy)
The JSB Heavy 34 grain avg 706 fps(37.65 ft lbs energy)
I find that the 25gr are more accurate. But the 34gr are a sledgehammer for hunting.
Both pellets go right through a 2x4 at 18 yards (so be aware of your back stop)
Hope this helps. 

In my Royale 500 the regular heavies are grouping better than the MK2's at 60 yards. The heavies fit much more snugly in the barrel than the MK2's. It's very easy to feel the increased resistance when pushing the probe forward. Only shooting both pellets around 775 though, so need to bring that up to about 840 - 850 to get the full benefits of the pellets design. But I imagine, that due to my particular barrel liking the heavies fitting snugly, that at the faster FPS they will still be accurate than the MK2;s.... But, we shall see.