• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 Hades for racoon problem,yes or no

As these guys have stated, shot placement and velocity are the keys. Regarding placement, I only use brain shots to be sure they don’t run off to die in a neighbor’s yard or somewhere hidden where they’ll stink up the neighborhood. And when taking brain shots, a frontal shot does carry some risk of deflection depending on the angle of the head, and that risk grows as the pellet profile becomes more blunted. That’s where velocity comes into play...having enough to overcome and punch through. A shot placed to the side of the head doesn’t have that concern nearly to the same extent. But since I don’t know what shot will be presented, I tend to stick with domes. 

Reactions: N2 Shooter
I have taken a woodchuck at 30 yrds with a .22 Hades to the head at 32 ftlbs. I wouldn’t take a body shot. The benefit of hades is energy dump and no pass through.

81D50DDC-ED08-4A0A-926E-6B831B665ACE.1600704376.jpeg

Have been using the JSB'S 33.95 MK2 pellets.I know that they will punch through.collateral damage beyond the target.pass through shots can go in any direction after hitting a bone.my buddy took a coyote with a .30 cal,pass through lungs,hit the ground,then a windshield of a tractor .cracked the glass.if the.25 Hades will perform,i 'll use,if not then Domes will work.

Have been using the JSB'S 33.95 MK2 pellets.limit my distance that I'll take a shot at.30 fpe at p.o.I ,depending on the pellets weight that distance changes.30 fpe to the brain is enough to drop a coyote at 50 yards,i have done it with the JSB'S 33.95 MK2 pellets. At 30yds I have complete pass through on a coyote.had to use my ATN THOR thermal scope to find it at night.but lately we have been over run with racoons.I have lost a bunch of chickens.my worm beds have been destroyed.racoons steal my barn cat's food.then when 2 different groups of racoons meet,it's rumble time,just like little bears.

Little bandits run in gang's and can really stir things up.different groups bumping into each other at the BANDITS DINER can lead to some very noisy encounters.my daughter thought that a woman was screaming,it was a racoon fighting at the barn.I worry about mange being transferred as they move around,RABIES also.in the past,have had my dog bitten and attacked by racoons.

Reactions: SHOMER
I know. Sometimes at night I hear some awful screaming. Don't know if its these things, a coyote killing a rabbit or something else!

If you haven’t dealt with these guys in person before? The first time will make your hair stand on end! They make a noise worse than any creature on earth! I swear sounds like a cross between a grizzly and a mtn lion! Nasty👊🏼

-2 the gang will be missing 2 for dinner tonight..smoked 2 racoons last night.. Hatsan flashpup .25 cal,ATN x-sight 4k pro 3x14,.25 Hades 26.54 gr pellets@895 fps.first one 25 yds,between the eyes.dropped and flopped,(CNS) center nervous system shut down.NO PASS THROUGH.second one 28 yds ,same thing.drop and flop.no pass through.bloody mess though.feeling better about using the HADES in close quarters,where collateral damage from a pass through shots might happen.have witnessed a .30 pellet pass through and cause damage 40yds past the target,tractor windshield cracked.over penetration has been a concern of mind. 2 Racoons down,the game is on now.