• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 FX Pellets ?

As far as I know, the FX pellets (like the Air Arms pellets) are made by JSB but with FX dyes and made specifically to FX standards. It's no coincidence that they all come in exactly the same weights and designs. The pellets are not the same, but they are made in the same place. If you try them all out you'll notice that a particular rifle will demonstrate a preference for either the JSB, Air Arms, or FX variety of the "same" pellet which speaks to the fact that they use different dyes.

I like the FX pellets I use the .25 on my dream and the .30 on my impact and they seem to be pretty consistent. I took the time to randomly weigh like 20 of them in a couple of tins and they were right on point. I didn't weigh all of them that would take an absurd amount of time but the ones I did were all the same it seemed. I get pretty good accuracy with them and consistent accuracy. I think the only others I have really used are just JSB but I usually try and get the FX when available because I see it like apple the stuff built for their tech probably works the best lol. 

Ted did a really good video I think last summer or maybe fall on the different pellets and the consistency of their accuracy through an impact (and wildcat?) Idk. it's on youtube. really good information. I also have some ballistic gel I love to shoot the pellets through and on the .30 cal the penetration at 50-100 yards is amazing. 

There a video I think by Steve touring the JSB factory and I think he goes into FX are made on these machines and jsb are made on these but they never intermix the batches. My experience has mostly been with 18.13gr .22 I find little difference. My .25 I shoot JSB because they were in stock when I put my big order in but wouldn’t have a problem with FX when they are back in stock.

Red