FX .25 FX King 600 set-up complete

Watching the forecasted winter artic blast head toward the Midwest, I decided that if I wanted to finish setting up my King, this afternoon was my window to do so. Not ideal, as the temps were only in the mid 30s and the wind was approximately 8 mph quartering in, I dressed for it, put a tether bottle out to try to keep the pressure up, set targets out at my max range of 84 yards, and proceeded to shoot two ten shot groups each of the SIX best short range performing slugs - out of twelve different slugs tested.

The ZAN 37 grain performed respectfully and came out second. The best performing slugs hands down were the Alteros 50 grain (shown below). In the second group, five of the 10 shots went into the same hole!

The rifle was equipped with an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 FFP MRAD scope and Accu-Tac G2 bipod.

For those King or Panthera owners curious, I have included the final tune settings.

IMG_0113.jpeg
IMG_0115.jpeg

Last edited:
Good looking rifle. That would be next on my list, but I got side tracked and got a used Wildcat BT. I need more focus. lol. Awesome airgun though!!
Jim, hope you are and your family are well I’m all regards as it has been a while since we talked. I owned the first version of the FX Wildcat for several years. It was incredibly accurate and so simple to use and maintain. I sold it last fall to a peer that is now using it in Florida to eradicate Iguanas. It was in .25 and shot the 25.4s like a laser.

Thanks for the kind words.

Reactions: L.Leon
I have no idea which liner I have. The rifle is as stock for Utah Airguns. The average speed measured by the chronograph six inches from the muzzle was 905
Ok, so you have a 600mm setup. You wrote 700mm on your target. Perfect speed for those slugs. I have pretty much the same setup in a Panthera and shoot them at 885 to 890 with reg pressure at 135 bar and micro at a hair over 3.5.

Reactions: Revoman