• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 Cricket Shot Strings (PreTune) your thoughts??

#1. 915,902,904,904,899,899,900,900,903,901 

230b.. Lo899 Hi915 Av903 Es15.7 SD4.6

#2. 898,905,906,908,905,904,910,912,907,910

180b..Lo898 Hi912 Av907 Es13 SD3.8

#3. 909,910,912,911,909,915,898,912,912,911

150b..Lo898 Hi915 Av910 Es16.7 SD4.4

#4. 896,903,905,903,899,903,909,910,908,891

120b..off reg. Lo891 Hi910 Av903 Es18.5 SD5.9

#5. 881,900... 53 usable shots total.. Av905.7 jsb 25.4 kings..Es15.9 SD4.6 FPE46.2

Looks pretty good to me what kind of tune do you think you need I just ordered one of these cuz I got tired of messing with fx's

I’m going for straight power! Crickets are superior to FX I had all FX rifles they are accurate just have to find the right one and shoot for months to get to know the rifle. Crickets are straight out the box dangerously accurate. Some even come shooting hot so you may get lucky

P.s

I traded my fx for the cricket

What's to tune?

That's awesome right out of the box!

I've been looking at all the newer guns and trying to decide on my next .25cal purchase.

I really like the Bantam sniper platform and the looks of the new XS from Air arms but they have draw backs that keep me from buying them... I keep coming back to the tried and true Cricket carbine! 

I'm a hunter first and target shoot second so it just makes sense to me because of the raw power and accuracy of these guns.

My Mrod has been great for a few years now but I'm ready to upgrade to a more comfortable and better performing rifle ....

Think this is it!!!!

James from Michigan, 

What's to tune?

I've been looking at all the newer guns and trying to decide on my next .25cal purchase.

I really like the Bantam sniper platform and the looks of the new XS from Air arms but they have draw backs that keep me from buying them... I keep coming back to the tried and true Cricket carbine! 

I'm a hunter first and target shoot second so it just makes sense to me because of the raw power and accuracy of these guns.

My Mrod has been great for a few years now but I'm ready to upgrade to a more comfortable and better performing rifle ....

Think this is it!!!!

James from Michigan, 

Hey James you can’t go wrong with the Cricket. The carbine is nice very light, accurate and quiet. The only draw back is the length. I had 1 I loved it just too long. Get it and we can schedule a hunt. I’m in Ohio

What's to tune?

Think this is it!!!!

James from Michigan,

Based on his numbers there may be nothing to tune if he is happy with that power level. But, if you have it tuned to shoot the 34 grain pellets at just over 900 fps you get about 60fpe with insane accuracy. Also, while Crickets come out of the box shooting very well, they can benefit from some TLC as there are little things that are not as good as they should or could be. The stock hammer spring for example could use an upgrade, etc. My Cricket Bullpup in .25 can shoot at 62fpe with the 34s and I swear I thought it was broken the first time I shot it because it actually managed to be quieter than my Mini Carbine in .22

From personal experience I will sway you away from the Bantam and more toward the Cricket. The trigger on the Cricket is sublime compared to the Brockock. Also the bolt is a bit, how shall I say, a bit of a PITA. The magazines on the Crickets are fool prove and way less expensive. 

Anthony 

I don't mind the length infact I like the feel of a full length gun. Bullpups just don't feel right to me. 

Intenseaty

I've made up my mind and going to get one for sure.. There's one on the yellow right now that has been power tuned already !

I just need someone to buy my Mrod and I'll have enough money to get it...

Hopefully soon!!!!Lol.

James from Michigan, 

That’s great! Keep us posted James. I wish I could convince my brother to pick up that Marauder, but darn cheap sob doesn’t want to spend $ on airguns right now. 

You plan to get the Carbine, right? I’m curious about the tune on those since a plenum spacer May not be an option. What all goes into such a tune? What kind of performance does it get? Etc. 

Thanks & good luck 

Christian

That’s great! Keep us posted James. I wish I could convince my brother to pick up that Marauder, but darn cheap sob doesn’t want to spend $ on airguns right now. 

You plan to get the Carbine, right? I’m curious about the tune on those since a plenum spacer May not be an option. What all goes into such a tune? What kind of performance does it get? Etc. 

Thanks & good luck 

Christian

He says its regulated and doing 905fps with JSB 34 grainers for 43 full power shots...

The tune work he says was done by Darrek wall. I'm not sure who he is but sounds like he knows his Crickets...

Trigger has been turned also and the gun is only a few months old. I have someone interested in my Mrod just waiting for them to buy it...

James from Michigan, 

1538983076_18739838365bbb04a46387b7.93701734_6173-image.jpeg
Well I bought it!!!!!!

All the power tune has been done internally with the original .25 pressure tube...

No extra plenum or having to change the tube. The trigger is tuned to 10 ozs. And I can't wait to shoot it....

Now I have to order some 34 grainers and get some weaver rings coming too....

James from Michigan, 😋

Nice string Anthony. 

Congrats on the .25 Cricket Carbine James. 

I tuned that carbine. It’s a hoss!! I ported the firing valve and installed a valve-return spring of lighter tension (Ernest taught me this
1f609.svg
). I did some other things to it but those two things are primarily what increased the power. Enjoy it!!

Derrick

Thank you Derrick,

The woodchucks this next spring are in some deep s##t with this thing coming for them!!! Lol.

And I'm planning on doing some coyote hunting this winter with it after deer season. Been doing a lot of reading and research trying to figure out the best gun for my hunting needs and think I nailed it with this one. Tried a couple bullpups and they just aren't my cup of tea. Old school varmint shooter and love a full length rifle.....

Should be here Thursday or Friday! Woohoo!!!

James from Michigan, 

Thanks Intenseaty !

I can't wait either. 

Should be a one hell of step up from the old Mrod...

Deepbass9

I know what you mean I've been saving for a while now and watching all these new guns coming out and driving my self crazy! Lol

Spotted this one a week or so ago and forgot about all the new guns on the market. Took me a few days of watching it and couldn't take it anymore! contacted John and got a great deal I think. 

More to come when she gets here...

James from Michigan,