• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 Cricket 2 bull pup

Just got this used but in great shape .25 Cricket2. Gave it my usual once over today. Was set too hot and de/tuned it some, from 930 to 885 with .25 Heavy. Installed lighter hammer spring. Polished barrel. Adjusted trigger. Fixed safety. Works great. Will shoot it tomorrow. Also shoots NSA 26.8 grain slugs at 950 FPS. Fingers crossed for accuracy testing soon. Not worried about pellets but slugs are always a crap shoot. I intend to add a power plenum and reduce reg pressure plus put heavier valve spring in the gun to keep it at 885 FPS but increase efficiency. Easy job. Looking good so far!!!

57E1B764-0FCD-4B04-B4CB-7DE28EEA30F9.1618623077.jpeg

@Centercut - a few questions on your setup:

1 - What's up with the end of your shroud? Looks different than mine which is just a straight tube to the end.

2 - Can you share some specifics on the hammer spring you used? I'd like to get a lighter one as well for 15.9gr pellets.

It’s a 1/2-20 adaptor for using a moderator. Georgia Airguns installs them. 

I bought the Springs on Amazon. Here’s a photo of the package. 

E35C1F73-297A-46D2-B8AB-BCDBDE427F18.1618698134.jpeg

I have a Cricket 2 in .30 caliber and have had no problems. For future reference what caused the safety to stick and how did you fix it?

I think what caused the safety issue was one of the previous owners before Carl or the shop when bought new adjusted the trigger to a super light single stage trigger. So as soon as you touched the trigger it went off wether or not the safety was set. I adjusted the tie rod so that there is some play in there, to get a first stage, then adjusted the second stage for a crisp 10 to 12 ounce pull. Now it feels right plus the safety prevents the gun from firing. 

I ordered a 25 call Cricket from Charlie with the moderator adaptor and the special skeleton stock. I can't wait for it to get here. Hopefully another month. Charlie is so great. He has returned every call, answered every question and is making sure I get the gun how I want. Highly recommend any of his guns, just the person alone merits a call to him if you want a Cricket, Uragan or a Taipan. Finding one of his guns used is a nice fine. Congrats!