.25 caliber pellet sizing.

I ordered a .250" sizing die from Lee to size bullets with. Since that project is defunct and the die showed up after terminating the bullet project, I figured it was of no use. Got to thinking about how oversized 43grain eun jin pellets are and thought maybe I could get them shooting better?

Well, it worked great and finished size is .2505" very consistently and groups have tightened up. My shot string did tighten up some though it was already really good for an unregged gun. I only gained 5fps avg on the whole string which I assumed would be much higher?

Very pleased with the results and glad I found a use for this die. Resizing has the normally sub par shooting eunjins shooting much better than I would have ever guessed. I assume that the 43gr eunjin nose profile being similar to a bullet lended to the ease of sizing these pellets. 6 tins and zero issues in sizing thus far. I did try a number of kings to see if domed pellets would work in this die. They sized without issue as well.

Just thought I would share my results with Lee sizing dies for .25 caliber. Not sure if they will make custom dies any smaller than the smallest standard size of .224?

Wanted to update that I sized a number of 25gr jsb kings for testing. I have one custom built .25 mrod that I shoot jsb's out of and another that I shoot eun jin 43gr out of. After testing the jsb's and already concluded testing the eun jins, I spent 5 hours last night sizing 8 tins of eun jins and 7 tins of jsb kings. FYI: I didn't size 3500 pellets for my health!! What a difference a sized pellet makes!!

When reloading CF's for field use or BR I was always very meticulous and weighed and measured everything. This same attention to detail in regards to pellets is proving to be nearly as important for the best possible airgun accuracy.

Dear AJ,
As your reference above indicates we have thoroughly discussed the sizing why's and wherefore's before and have indicated barrel groove size to be perhaps the best skirt sizing criterion. I stick by that; and cannot see any advantage in having skirts larger than groove size for PCPs, if accuracy is the objective with minimal or no loading yaw incurred. (Some springers may pick up a little mv by having slightly oversized skirts others may lose same).

A suggestion about the sizing process for diabolo style pellets:
I no longer use a re-loading press or the Beeman hand press tool.
It is faster and just as precise to hold the pellet in one hand and push it through the die with a probe ( I use a knitting needle of appropriate size and tip profile to fit the pellet's rear cavity.
As I have a few dies (Beemans) in each calibre I can afford to use a larger die first if the pellet is very over-sized but few require this "double" sizing.
It is amazing how quickly manual dexterity with sound precision can be attained. ... Best regards, Harry.

I no longer use a press either Harry. I used it because the eunjin pellets were horribly over sized and the press made it a much easier process. Also, since I sold the gun I shot those out of and have gotten rid of all my bullet shooters, I just push pellets thru the dies by hand. Yes, it is much faster and works just as well!!

BTW, I saw Mr Bowkett shared some of your excellent long range groups on his page. That Hornet sure is amazing!!

John Bowkett and I are in constant touch and share much between us. 
I don't visit the UK press so have not seen what you refer to; but John has my absolute permission to share anything I send him. He is one above the rest in his contributions to the airgun development scene over the past 40 years.
I am blessed to have him as a friend. ... Best regards, Harry.

I use Facebook to follow airguns and firearms. John has a really good page there that I follow. He had posted a picture of a group at 183 yards but no other info. Soon as I saw those famous white painted steel targets, I knew it was shot by you!! A post a few days later he had pictures of the Hornet and revealed that indeed it was you!!

I really enjoy his work and always like reading about his guns and such.

Take care Sir!!

Harry and Aj, are y'all still roll sorting since gong to the sizing die? Seems like with the minor errors that can be made while roll sorting that the die would be the better option. Is the sizing die making any/much contact with the head of the pellet or just the skirt? Does the pellet come out equally sized from stem to stern? I always assumed ( yea I know) that skirt needed to be slightly larger. 
Thanks in advance
jimmy