• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

25 caliber mold for slugs

I’ve got a couple .30 molds from Accurate Molds. Wait time was about a month but worth it. MP makes excellent molds too but they are in the Czech Republic so want it times can be much longer but the quality is top notch.
I got my MP molds in about 8 days. I was super shocked they arrived that quickly.
Noe makes great molds, but like everyone says they are out of stock most of the times. Talked to Al a few times, super nice guy to deal with.
Accurate molds is another great mold. Nice thing about Tom's mold is that you can get a XXX caliber mold with different weights and designs.

Reactions: rswoodys
I have an air Venturi 25 Cal avenger I'm looking to start making slugs I can't find a slug mold for that caliber in hollow points can anybody help me out and turn me in a direction that I can get one thanks so much anxiously awaiting your reply
I'm aware that this is an old post but I'm curious if you had any luck with finding a mold? No makes a .252 (jackrabbit? I think) mold that looks to be nice. It has a couple different hollow point options or fn. If you want to try before you buy you can purchase this ammo from apex ammo.

I'm aware that this is an old post but I'm curious if you had any luck with finding a mold? No makes a .252 (jackrabbit? I think) mold that looks to be nice. It has a couple different hollow point options or fn. If you want to try before you buy you can purchase this ammo from apex ammo.
All slug molds I have seen are too heavy for the .25 cal air Venturi avenger unless you have a power mod plenum upgrade to handle heavy slugs? I would like to find a mold myself between 25-32 grains

I just ordered a .25 cal pellet mold from NOE 250-27-RF-CC3 4 Cavity HB, I’m waiting on mold to start casting! I’m also interested in .25 cal slug mold 25-30 grains if any leads on good molds?
Just sold that mold. I could not get them to shoot out of my gun at all. Hope you have better luck. They are a good looking pellet. Mine averaged from 27.5 to a bit over 30g depending on pins.

pellet 25.jpg

Just sold that mold. I could not get them to shoot out of my gun at all. Hope you have better luck. They are a good looking pellet. Mine averaged from 27.5 to a bit over 30g depending on pins.

View attachment 325140
My Hatsan Flashpup hated pellets cast with that mold. I picked up a .25 converted Stormrider from Wes at Airgun Archery Fun and it loves them.

So far I suck at making pellets. I have a mold from Accurate 30 cal and It is not much better. Poured thousands or jigs so I think I just can't pick a good mold. Molds are expensive not like a tin of pellets that won't shoot. To bad we don't have a network to try each others slugs or pellets prior to purchasing that mold.
It takes practice to get your pot right temperature, you get the temp right then the right flow, have good seasoning on your modes after to of 3 uses it should cast good?

I weighed out good pellets to 2/10's of a grain and still shot dinner plate size groups at 50 yards. I warm up my molds by placing on top of the pot until melted them through out the first ten pours. I even torched the pins and the mold. Tried several times over a 2 week period. I'll keep trying and thanks for the info. I tried to eliminate my inexperience but to no avail. My friends BSA shot them well. I do have a furnace style pot that pours from the bottom. I think the secret for uniformity is to pour directly into hole and that is what I tried to do. I'm shooting it out of an AEA carbine and jamming was a problem too so I sold it. My understanding is the 34g mold works better.

Reactions: Bowhunter73
I weighed out good pellets to 2/10's of a grain and still shot dinner plate size groups at 50 yards. I warm up my molds by placing on top of the pot until melted them through out the first ten pours. I even torched the pins and the mold. Tried several times over a 2 week period. I'll keep trying and thanks for the info. I tried to eliminate my inexperience but to no avail. My friends BSA shot them well. I do have a furnace style pot that pours from the bottom. I think the secret for uniformity is to pour directly into hole and that is what I tried to do. I'm shooting it out of an AEA carbine and jamming was a problem too so I sold it. My understanding is the 34g mold works better.
I have a 20 lb lead pot that pours from bottom also! I place my mold on top of pot to help get hot! But while the mold is cool I use Franklin mold alox spray into the mold and pins let dry, then heat up the mold on top, that helps get the pellets to fall out completely formed, but it takes about two pours to get the mold dropping correctly! If mold gets to hot it will cause bad drops have to let it cool.. Biggest issue I have that Allen screw on the plate the screw keeps backing out I’m going to try blue lock tight in the threads! That don’t work will see!

Reactions: Bowhunter73
I was seeing more variation out of the 25 cal mold I had. Is one grain variation acceptable? Once I poured for awhile I would take a sample batch of one mold and set aside to see variation from cavity to cavity. About Two tenths across all four but I could not hold to that while pouring. I had close to 1.5 to 2g variation as I weighed them. Going to stick with the one mold I have now and see if I cant get better at pouring.