• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning .25 Caliber Benjeman Akela

Well guys I was bored recently so I undertook a little project. I ordered a .25 Caliber barrel for a Kral knight and the matching pellet probe. 

The Barrel is slightly different in that the thinner section is slightly longer than the Akela version, which makes the grub screw hole in the front about 1/8 inch too far for the screw to land in the detent. But if you tighten the rear one first, the barrel port lines up with the transfer hole perfectly.. so I gave it a shot. 

Secondly the pellet probe is completely different.. so I made one with a piece of keystock and a 1/4x20 bolt. Not perfect but functioned just fine!! 

I didn't test it extensively as I would have liked. But with the same settings that makes 930 fps with 18gn in .22 resulted in 820 fps with 26 grain in .25.. grouping was phenomenal with most groups being less than an inch at 50 yards with no tinkering or tuning. 

All in all the gun didn't have enough umph to push them as fast as I would like, but it was a fun little adventure none the less... If the barrel profile was identical and a bit more secure in the action I may have pursued it farther. I didn't take many pictures but heres one of the barrel, knight probe and the one I made for the .25 in the Akela.
IMG_20210821_235436478.1629862916.jpg