.25 caliber 41 grain ZAN slugs

Has anyone else noted the difference between the older (grey-ish) ZAN 41 grain .25 caliber and the new (silver/shiny) slugs? The 41 grain (old) from a Superior Slug liner at 955 fps is lights out in my 700mm Impact. The new ones I couldn't group any better than a softball at 100 yards. I'd love to be able to get the old version, since the new version is useless to me...

I’m losing faith in some of these outfits. Seems like when you get things tuned in to a slug or pellet, they change things up and screw it all up for everyone.
This is what has me questioning if they really know what they’re doing. Or are they just pumping out cute little bullets that may work better in some applications but not others. Yes a hunter might want a bigger hollow point for expansion. Maybe if you change the profile you’ll get a better BC. But both of those can change the engagement from the previous model and a bunch of guys are suddenly screwed. But…..they sell even more slugs because the search is on again and new buyers are excited about the new and improved version. Sometimes I wonder if there’s a guy sitting in an office saying just do it. These airgun slug guys are gullible so let’s keep cleaning out their wallets.

Has anyone else noted the difference between the older (grey-ish) ZAN 41 grain .25 caliber and the new (silver/shiny) slugs? The 41 grain (old) from a Superior Slug liner at 955 fps is lights out in my 700mm Impact. The new ones I couldn't group any better than a softball at 100 yards. I'd love to be able to get the old version, since the new version is useless to me...
I have one box of the original 41’s left from my heavy liner days. You can have them. But that’s only temporary happiness.

Assuming that one is harder than the other, have you done any home-brew hardness tests between the two to see which is the harder slug? It would be great to know if those dimpled liners prefer the softer lead over the harder. I'm voting that the softer lead flies more consistently. Or maybe one slug is slightly bigger in diameter and throwing better groups because of it?