• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

(25 cal Sumatra) 1225 fps at 100 yards

Everyone who have read my post know I always say the Sumatra is the most versatile PCP on the market because of the various power and accuracy. Here is a video of my friend Kenny (Southern Gunner) putting his 25 cal through its paces. I started the video where he shot 100 yards at 1225 fps. He then turned down the power to 925 fps and shot different pellets at 50 yards.

Great shooting the Sumatra is amazing in it's consistency As shown in your vid I was quite surprised when mine would shoot all pellets very well. In all fairness you were shooting tethered, shooting the 44 grain Eungens my gun varies greatly in fps from shot 1 to 12 A friend after much testing varies the pellets and the power wheel on a .22 and can nearly duplicate your 50 yd results. like you said practice.

"guod123"Great shooting the Sumatra is amazing in it's consistency As shown in your vid I was quite surprised when mine would shoot all pellets very well. In all fairness you were shooting tethered, shooting the 44 grain Eungens my gun varies greatly in fps from shot 1 to 12 A friend after much testing varies the pellets and the power wheel on a .22 and can nearly duplicate your 50 yd results. like you said practice.
I just posted the video- that's Kenny Southern Gunner who is shooting. His Sumatra is tuned by Will Piatt and get a nice stream. He was out testing different pellets and different power settings so he tethered it at 3000 psi. From talking to him he put well over a 1000 pellets through the gun the day he filmed the video.

I was speaking in general about vid. Kenny did some excellent shooting. Having Crickets I always used the Sumatra for it's power and never as a long range target. That was an eye opener, I've shot raccoons on a 3000 fill on hi power with a polymag, it goes supersonic and a NC near 10" LDC does not quiet it down.I think I had around a 150 fps spread thru 12 shots with the 44 grain Eungens not tuned and a 100 psi leak per day stopping at 1400 psi. Not brave enough to take it down, it earns its keep as a dedicated raccoon dispatcher

Ok. I put a weaker spring in mine and can get a good 28 shots with a decent spread. I never shoot mine at full power though. I think I have it at 5 clicks with Benjamin domes and it averages in the mid 900 fps. I have a 25 Cricket rifle and I always said when the Sumatra is shooting in the sweet spot of the power curve it's as accurate as any gun I've ever shot.

"rwsmike"Sounds like a 22 lr lol
Yep, any wonder why? A Benji dome (27.8g) moving at 1225 fps is over 92FPE. Right there with the average target .22lr (105 fpe)

I have my .25 Carbine "tuned" (spring change) for 12 shots (w/i 4%) of 33.95 JSB's at 58FPE on a 3K fill. I can shot mine indoors with the Roy K addition.

That's some fine shooting in the vid, I wish I had daily access to 100yds for shooting.

"guod123"I was speaking in general about vid. Kenny did some excellent shooting. Having Crickets I always used the Sumatra for it's power and never as a long range target. That was an eye opener, I've shot raccoons on a 3000 fill on hi power with a polymag, it goes supersonic and a NC near 10" LDC does not quiet it down.I think I had around a 150 fps spread thru 12 shots with the 44 grain Eungens not tuned and a 100 psi leak per day stopping at 1400 psi. Not brave enough to take it down, it earns its keep as a dedicated raccoon dispatcher
Anytime you push a pellet supersonic there will be a loud report no matter what moderator is on the gun. The sound of the sonic crack is outside the gun so it cannot be tamed by any moderator. You will notice when he turned the power down and used a moderator it wasn't that loud even though it was still over 50 FPE.