• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 cal RTI Prophet? ( to .25 or not to .25 - that is the question )

I'm pretty sure I've seen some threads in here from a couple of you who have one . . . thoughts on it after having (presumably) used it / shot it for a few weeks or months? I have a couple of .22's ( a Taipan Vet Long, and an AA S510 ) - thinking about getting a .25 of some sort. It seems that most of the reviews that are available on youtube are of the .22.

Curious and thanks!

Orion the Iguana hunter went to PRIEST 25 from taipan. Seems very effective. I would want the Prophet! 

I started w/ Marauder 22 went to Wildcat 22. Loved WC accurate to a pin head. 10,000xs of rounds.

Went Impact 25. Ruined me. The power & accuracy @ distance, I can't go back. I try but the 22 no longer 'sends" me. Perhaps with a prophet or raw . Thought about barrel assy. for Impact.

I digress, if you long range or hunt, 25 for me. Keep us lit up!

PS. look into the slug rage. 22 is probably all you need for slugs.

Hope I didn't help.😎

. . . the customized long range .22 barrel or a CZ for the .25. 

Neither are bad choices. :)

@Keyman62421 - "Ruined me" :) lol Yeah . . . do I *need* a .25? ( Do I *NEED* another gun? - lol!! ) <-- No to both . . . lol!!! But yeah -- I'm happy with what my .22's have been delivering, especially the Veteran Long w/slugs. .25's are supposed to be even BETTER at longer distances and packing more punch though?!? Oh man . . . I gotta get me some of that.

Yup the 30 caliber pellets will definitely put a much bigger hole in your game as well as your wallet and air consumption. The smack on game is incredible with a 30 caliber.

I would go with a 25 if you didn't need all of the carnage and bloody gore associated with the 30 because to me dead is dead.

Some will say the deader the better though.

Someone either here on AGN or youtube recently mentioned that they spoke to Rob at RTI and reported that Rob said RTI will be working on a slug barrel. If that is the case it could make your decision a little more difficult. I have a sample pack from NSA that is supposed to arrive in the mail today that I will be trying out in my .22 Priest 2 hopefully this weekend.

Orion, I understand your dilemma! I have contemplated the upgrade to the Prophet also.

But honestly the Priest is a pretty good gun. And if you have the loaded model Priest I don't think the upgrade is worth it, just purchase the plenum extension and the newer reg separately. Side lever is cool but not the end all be all. I have been thinking about adding the extended plenum to my base Priest. Would love to know how much performance/shot count I could gain.

Oh, and I did see your slug video. Very impressive!!! I think that was the one were the squirrels were tormenting you.

I have been looking at these and trying to come up with any excuse to justify another gun.....

I am in the same boat .22 or .25. I had been solely a .25 and .30 shooter until my dealer tempted me with a .22 MK3 Wildcat....Now I have that and a .22 Crown Continuum and .22 DayState RedWolf HP and .22 Veteran Long and so on and so on!!

Something about those tiny .22 holes and having 10 shots go in it one after another that just makes me smile......Then again a .30 pellet from my Impact on a squirrel also makes me smile so...

You get one I will get the other and we can swap monthly....Sound good?

Orion, I understand your dilemma! I have contemplated the upgrade to the Prophet also.

But honestly the Priest is a pretty good gun. And if you have the loaded model Priest I don't think the upgrade is worth it, just purchase the plenum extension and the newer reg separately. Side lever is cool but not the end all be all. I have been thinking about adding the extended plenum to my base Priest. Would love to know how much performance/shot count I could gain.

Oh, and I did see your slug video. Very impressive!!! I think that was the one were the squirrels were tormenting you.

I'm installing power plenum today and the new regulator on my Priest2 and filming the process for a new video.... I won't tune for high power as of right now. I'm not shooting long range at this moment, I'll see what's the shot count I can get with the new setup. 

Reactions: Preston tist