• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

.25 cal PCP build a target pellet catcher - any DIY ideas?

Bounce boxes .... Angled back side with a 1/4" steel plate in place.
pellet / slugs splatter downward into the dirt. has worked great for Many many years now !!

1 big one in yard, smaller one in shop behind the chrony

DSCF0750.JPG

DSCF0749.JPG

I'll tell you one I've used that's quiet. Spooky quiet. and cheap... cast some lead into a baking pan or similar. Just dump and recast when it gets super beat up.

I make my plate from casting old wheelweights... and the old lead bb's from the state fairs air machine gun. The pellets often just kinda stick to it.

Use a single backboard or build a box with a few. Or a V. Or whatever. Go crazy lol. Happy shooting

I tried all sorts in the past but in the end i found that using a 40 litre plastic storage box filled with rubber mulch to be the best. I drilled holes into the lid and box so i could cable tie a rubber mat to the lid/box in order to extend the life of the lid. The beauty of using rubber mulch is it quietly absorbs the pellet/slugs energy and you can re-use it once the box lid becomes shot out. I use it with all my airguns and not had any issues with 41g .25 cal slug hitting it at 80 + ftlbs.

There is a vid on you tube where a guy is shooting a .50cal into a trap he made and the trap is full of towing chains hanging down. The chains will move as they get hit so that the .50cal pellet wont just bounce back. That is going to be my inside of the house trap that I make. If it can handle a .50 then a .25 would be no problem. I would still have a 1/4" piece of sloped steel plate for the final backing of it.

Yeah that setup is overkill for a .25 but you already have had great advice as to what to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Thanks, yes I'm going to try a box full of rubber mulch. I've used concrete in the past, but the friggin pellets were bouncing back at me, so Don't do like I had, Easily could have shot myself, you know, "you'll shoot you eye out"!
I shoot a .177 pistol in my basement at a box full of cardboard and after enough shots the pellet hits lead and bounces back at me. Trying to catch them out of the air is now part of the fun.