• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning .25 cal FX Crown MK 1 Gen 2

The dual ports are not all created equal, and they are usually less than ideal. I have also seen some fail/break. You need a probe that is cut to match the new port dimensions as well. Some report loss of power using them, Very few match what I see in optimal hand ported gains.

I havnt done 25, but one of my friends has with my guidance. I've done several 22 and one 30 on a Mk1 (gen3) crown

22s pick up a range of 50-75fps starting with 380mm and topping out at 75fps with 700mm.

My 600mm 30 picked up 22fps (4fpe) for a total of 85 @925fps. Not a lot to improve on the 30, but still good to see gains. 

Crown hammer weight is a bit anemic. I use an added 7gm weight for heavier projectiles. One of my friends uses around 12gm. Just have to make sure to never dry fire it. You may still be able to buy custom weights on ebay. If you do use one, you have to trim the factory hammer spring guide to use it. I have a spare that is unmodified. I also use 150bar with the 7gm weight. Normally (without) I use 125bar with 18.13gr pellets.