.25 cal FX 25.39 pellets vs. JSB 25.39

Yes, been using them for about two years. Most of the time they are EXACTLY the same, but generally the FX ones seem to arrive in better condition than the JSB ones and are more consistent, plus they come in a real size tin, not a micro tin like the JSB RDMs...

Sorry, my bad. I saw your .25 caliber after I posted this... My comments were about the .22 caliber.

Hawkeye68 --=--
Yes, I have tried both and have found that the FX branded pellets are more consistent that the JSB brand, especially of late (the past year or so). I also like the AA 25.4gr, but they are not as consistent as the FX. This for BOTH .22 and .25 calibers. I am assuming that JSB product across the board has fallen of somewhat due to more/faster production to meet the demand, thereby causing quality to minorly suffer.
mike

Hawkeye68 --=--
Yes, I have tried both and have found that the FX branded pellets are more consistent that the JSB brand, especially of late (the past year or so). I also like the AA 25.4gr, but they are not as consistent as the FX. This for BOTH .22 and .25 calibers. I am assuming that JSB product across the board has fallen of somewhat due to more/faster production to meet the demand, thereby causing quality to minorly suffer.
mike
Thanks, good to hear, I think I'll order some and give them a try.

When JSB conducts a manufacturing run of a particular pellet, they set up the various machines (some old, some new) with very close, but not exactly the same, dies. The many variables in this procedure will naturally produce slightly different pellets. The JSB brand combines an assortment of these slightly different pellets in each tin. During this same manufacturing run, JSB will select one of the machines to pull pellets from for the FX brand. Since the machine and die are the same, the FX pellets will be far more uniform and will produce more consistency during use. WM

Reactions: hawkeye69
When JSB conducts a manufacturing run of a particular pellet, they set up the various machines (some old, some new) with very close, but not exactly the same, dies. The many variables in this procedure will naturally produce slightly different pellets. The JSB brand combines an assortment of these slightly different pellets in each tin. During this same manufacturing run, JSB will select one of the machines to pull pellets from for the FX brand. Since the machine and die are the same, the FX pellets will be far more uniform and will produce more consistency during use. WM
And where do you get these facts?
I can’t see them doing that as it’s time consuming and costly . I think it’s all the same 25.3 in different tins.
This talk of dedicated dies and separate machines for one brand is questionable. .until JSB CONFIRMS this I say they are the same.

If you watch the factory tour video that was made at JSB. I believe they mention that the FX 25.39 .22 are made from one die while the JSB branded 25.39 .22 are made from multiple dies.
I’ll have to look it up. I would have a hard time imagining that a manufacture would make a product for someone else and hold it to a higher standard than their own namesake. That being said if a company paid more to have this done but FX PELLETS ARE NO MORE EXPENSIVE for being singled out and such

I’ll have to look it up. I would have a hard time imagining that a manufacture would make a product for someone else and hold it to a higher standard than their own namesake. That being said if a company paid more to have this done but FX PELLETS ARE NO MORE EXPENSIVE for being singled out and such

Start at minute 38 in this video

I would have a hard time imagining that a manufacture would make a product for someone else and hold it to a higher standard than their own namesake.
I agree. Maybe one thing that’s surprising is that they don’t sell some called “SELECT” that come off of one die only, like the FX pellets they produce.
I’ve been in manufacturing my entire career, at the “hands on” level, from heavy off road equipment down to light bulb filaments. I have experienced variation in items you would never think could possibly vary, but they do.
But, once the pellet is made, and unless they’re individually packaged like FX slugs and others that come in those 100 per box trays, all bets are off what condition they’ll be in when you get them.
I think the safest the pellets will be in their journey to me will be the boat ride across the pond. But from the factory to the dock is another matter. The truck that hit curbs, chuckholes, sudden stops, the crane letting the pallets hit the floor, the lift truck that has rigid suspension etc etc. And then on our side of the pond till they get to all the distributors like PA, AofA and UA and all others, we’re lucky they don’t look like BB’s. And then there’s the Amazon, FedEx, UPS and USPS handlers that don’t care what’s in the box. And god forbid someone puts a FRAGILE sticker on the box, that’s just plain a challenge to anyone that touches it.
And I have this little fairy tale I entertain that since PA is nearby I pick them up in person to “guarantee” minimal damage. Hahaha.
Kind of why I’m doing my homework and educating my self on home swaging. Lots to learn there before I blindly jump into that, but we’ll see.
Randy

Reactions: A.G.R
Funny you say that Randy, I just had 10 tins of pallets from pyramid air all of them come with side dented tins. This isn’t something that happens during shipment as they pack them in them wonderful Styrofoam cubicles. I could see some of the lid being pancaked from up and down in those Styrofoam tins but not edge denting. These were shipped to me this way now they’re shipping me all brand new ones

Reactions: rcs9250
Richieg and D3vnull,
Thank you, gentlemen, for the assist. I'm unable to get to the computer before late afternoon, however, I couldn't have handled matters any better. A.G.R, good of you to acknowledge, however, don't hesitate to challenge in the future. Every now and then we have some loonies join the forum and throw a lot of garbage around, never hurts to have those around who call them on it. WM

Reactions: A.G.R
JSB makes alot of different pellets. FX just want THEIRS to be made in 1 die to make them as consistent as possible. It's nothing about a higher standard than their namesake...they are the ones making the FX pellet. While JSB branded pellets are made from a bunch of dies and they are all mixed together and sold. That's why the head size and weights vary so much in the JSB tins and that info was from the horses mouth.