.25 cal coyote or fox hunting ?

it would have to be at very close range due to lack of penetration.
​a 25 cal dosent penetrate very well even at 50 foot pounds on a fur bearer

​for instance my 20 fp 177 out penetrates my 30fp 25 cal in books and bars of soap.
​I have used both for 30 years of hunting and the 25 call will wrap in in the fur and stop penetration even further.

​ever read tom hotzel and air rifle hunting. he goes in to depth on the subject of penatraion

Y'all need look at the Facebook air rifle groups, of which there are armloads. .25cal Hatsan Snipers and Benjamin Trail .25's have taken large pigs, coyotes, coons, etc more than a few times. And one pig in particular took a headshot that was 159lbs! So penetration is not an issue. Range is usually 20-30 yards...sometimes more. And not a PCP, but springer's and gas rams! One guy in Cali even used a Crosman 160 Pellgun like mine to kill two turkeys at 40 yards! So I don't know where all that came from, but it is not true. No offense...just callin' it like I see it.

to make this simple yes you can take a fox or a yote with a .22 or.25 depending on power of the riffle and your shot placement if you going for body shoots you need something accurate enough to hit he organs and blooms or topples immensely for the quickest kill possible I wouldn't recommend a ,22 for this a .25 to a .357 would be much better if you know your going to be getting hem into a closer range going for he head then even a well placed .22 will do he trick ive take a coyote with my .25 wildcat at just under 50 yards while t was trying to break into my neighbors chicken pen hit it at a good angle just behind the eye with a h&n.25 Cal, 27.47 Grains, Hollowpoints 

8301516b026453900d1be7de277f5978.jpg
Tinbuster. My name is Brian Beck i jst noticed your post. I have taken lots of fox,coyote,coon,groundhogs and more with .25 cal pcp. They are more than capable of taking all of the above animals with ease body shot (vitals) and head shots, yardage is dependable on the,pcp and ammo. Here are few pics. U can google Brian Beck coyote hunting and see articles and more pics. Feel free to,message,me. 
227030ea8d6a01d5a123de2523976863.jpg
e694dd36b9cab8564546185c0efed490.jpg
1153023b564201a71cd7706c6a2f25fb.jpg

Im midwestern indiana. I mix it up on calibers alot ive take n alot with .25 , .308. .357, .45. Depends what i wanna take and where i mght be hunting aswell far .25 i taken some with marauder but im very very fond of the airforce line up taken many with them . i do use a fox pro call often and i really like my circe mouth call too id say 90% of the predators i call come in 100yrds & closer with .25 condor and condor ss aswell as escape ss ive taken coyote and fox out to 94yrds vital shots. 

Thanks,I'm in west central Mn and I'm getting a HMx .357 for yotes even though I do have a .357 BullDog and my .25s will be for smaller critters and targets, I'm also looking at getting a Texan .45 for yotes and some other bigger game and I'll check out the mouth call, I sold my Foxpro due to health because I didn't think I would ever yote hunt again but I built a elevated blind I can put a Mr Heater in and give it a try again......Thanks for the info.

"B.Beck"Im midwestern indiana. I mix it up on calibers alot ive take n alot with .25 , .308. .357, .45. Depends what i wanna take and where i mght be hunting aswell far .25 i taken some with marauder but im very very fond of the airforce line up taken many with them . i do use a fox pro call often and i really like my circe mouth call too id say 90% of the predators i call come in 100yrds & closer with .25 condor and condor ss aswell as escape ss ive taken coyote and fox out to 94yrds vital shots.
I also have the Escape SS and it will put the smack down on animals. It hits really hard. I try to take everything at 50 yrds or closer. Thank you for your information Brian it is good to know.