.25 cal Benjamin Marauder

It could be that the gun is spiraling pellets. I have friend with that same problem, as long as you're shooting from the distance the gun is zeroed at, it will stack them but when you increase or decrease the distance the poi changes, it still groups though. If you can put a scope cam on it and play it back in slowmo you'll be able to tell. What fps is it shooting at?

What weight of pellets and how fast are they moving ? I had the same issue with an HW100. It was shooting 10.4 JSBs at 950 fps .I switched to 8.4s and it went nuts. I filmed the pellets in slo motion and the 8.4s were very unstable. I tuned the gun down to 850 fps with the 8.4s and it is crazy accurate. I have a couple Marauders and the only thing I ever did to them was polish the bore with JB bore cleaner followed by their bore polish. That particular gun is the best shooting 22 cal Mrod I have seen. I hope this helps.

Do you have a chronograph ? If not, I recommend the Combro. Nice unit and very easy to set up. They are essential for tuning your gun.

Jamie

Yeah, I would think you'd want to stretch out the Marauder a bit more than 10 yds. I'm guessing it won't be spiraling pellets unless something is incredibly wrong with your barrel, and it isn't likely with the .25. I'm thinking cant or your scope isn't parallel with the barrel of the gun. If that is the case, even a fraction of an inch, your poi will move consistently in the same direction the further out you shoot.

Reactions: frambonian
"Benniosity"so I have a center point scope on my marauder and it is pellet on pellet right where I aim at 10 yards and when I go up to 15 yards it shoots in a completely different spot any help?

Try three things: 1) JSB pellets, 2) new rings and 3) a hawke scope...... The Marauder .25 is very accurate...... If the three changes do not work, remove the shrouded and shoot with out it..... Sometimes the pellet hit internals of the shrouded and accuracy in absolutelly inconsistent.

"CptMoonlight"Yeah, I would think you'd want to stretch out the Marauder a bit more than 10 yds. I'm guessing it won't be spiraling pellets unless something is incredibly wrong with your barrel, and it isn't likely with the .25. I'm thinking cant or your scope isn't parallel with the barrel of the gun. If that is the case, even a fraction of an inch, your poi will move consistently in the same direction the further out you shoot.
Agreed, especially on the 10 yards. I would start at least 20-30 yards out and use that for your zero.

Who mounted the scope? Was it someone who really knew what they were doing and used the proper tools and techniques? You can spend about $100-$150 on tools to do it (Weaver makes some decent, fairly economical tools to get this done, and they will last even an enthusiast a lifetime), or find a good local gunsmith and pay about $30 (depends where you are) to get the rings lapped, scope leveled properly etc.

I have seen a lot of people struggle through the years (mostly with firearms, not airguns....but same deal) trying to get their rifle shooting well, when the problem was an improperly mounted scope, or a bad scope with a loose reticle (SUPER maddening...been there on that one). Lots of frustration and wasted ammo!