• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning 25.cal avenger tune.

Might want to do a search on here. Been threads about avengers when tuned break/leak quickly/eventually. With poppets/valve breaking when trying to turn up the power. With no parts available for repair unless aftermarket custom poppets can be found. 1 guy was making custom Avenger poppets iirr, but hard to get.

Possibly this issue has been fixed in newer rifles, although iirr, have been recent threads about this not being the case.

Like I said do a search on here or other AG forums for the latest on this issue before doing anymore tuning. Might want to put it back to stock settings till then. Just wanted to warn you of possible issues that have been brought up here in the past about Avenger tuning.

Hopefully a Avenger knowledgeable member will chime in about the status of this...

jmo

You could port out the valve and barrel port a bit. There's also aftermarket plenums out there but you have to drill out the stock. My 22 is capable of 60fpe after doing these
20210323_210621.1623863409.jpg
. I have one from the first batch and haven't had any problems with it maxed out on power.

Trying to get rid of a few woodchucks but,, there on to what I'm doing. So long range (55-60 yards ) is working . I thought i had mama,, it was just the one of the smaller ones, head shot dropped right there where it stood. i don't know why so many make the stock a big deal? Anyone who has been in the service, some years ago knows at one time Mattel was making the stocks for m-16, one of the deadliest weapons' in the right hands. ( hallow stock). I have a O- ring delete kit ,pellet bumper and Donny fl extender. I think this is why it is so accurate,, more so then stock. I mite turn the reg down today because of the better seal I'm getting from the o ring delete kit. 

Today i turned the reg down to 2200-2300 from 2400psi because i have added o ring delete kit and pellet bumper. i think with the o ring delete kit makes for a better seal at the breach and the pellet bumper makes shooting from the mag more accurate , with both in place ,it makes cocking and shooting from the mag sooo smooth working . and

at 50 yards my shots did tighten up a lot , still making a round 42-43 ft lbs from jsb 25.39s.DMR-214 you should try one or both of these. haven't shot slugs. This gun is real fun to shoot!