• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 Avenger power?

do far as what? .. to me keeping trajectory consistent to what im used to is important, and thats way more important than a couple ft lbs gain, although i'll take it if i can get it .. but a .25 is a good large bunny gun or something the size of a large housecat, i mean bobcat, or coon .. the more energy it can muster the better, but not at the expense of cutting range down .. not unless i have an ambush set up lol .. i may need that 75 yard shot on occasion and dont want to be flippin aiming at the treetops and guessing compensation ..

Little late to the discussion I know, My .25 Avenger with a larger plenum and porting work on the barrel and valve block will go over 70 FPE with 33.5 grain slugs. It will shoot 25 grain hybrid slugs over 1050 FPS. Little bit of work and you can have a power house. I do have a .48L 4500 PSI bottle on mine as well. At full power I get around 33 shots per fill which is still respectable and I just refill every time I use up one on my 29 shot magazines. 

Reactions: paul67
im trying to set it up as a (pig) gun, javalina in reality, max range I want to do is 60 meters. I live in Mexico so no law against it in private ranches.

We drop stink pigs with .25 JSB 34gr out to 60-70yds.

Clean heads shots make'em twitch.

My truck gun is a Condor .25.

Its running pretty hot with cast slugs @145fpe.

Easily dumping 60-75fpe at 50yds.

We hunt just inside Laredo and Hildago close to the river cut ins.