• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 Avenger 95 FPE with slugs!

Had a goal of getting my avenger to over 80 FPE with slugs and I have surpassed that mark. This was with a 45 grain slugs. I honestly think 100 FPE is possible with a couple small tweaks but that may be a bit too much. I knew it was going to be hot when the first 34.9 grain NSA slug went 1100!

Screenshot_20230130-160123.png

Had a goal of getting my avenger to over 80 FPE with slugs and I have surpassed that mark. This was with a 45 grain slugs. I honestly think 100 FPE is possible with a couple small tweaks but that may be a bit too much. I knew it was going to be hot when the first 34.9 grain NSA slug went 1100!

View attachment 328116
Ohmygosh. That's more than a few tweaks !! Wow !! Nice job.

Normally in stock form they are very accurate with moderate power. I too am curious if this modified 25 Cal can still shoot well? Maybe Revenger can post some groups after he hits his 100fpe.
Well it has a TJ barrel on it which shoots pretty good. I will make sure to give it a good testing here soon.

Reactions: MongooseV8
Stock .25 avenger is rated at 45 FPE I think but they will do 50 FPE out of the box. My gun is highly modified at this point.
I have seen at Pyramydair site that the Avenger gives 24 shots at 45 fpe. At 95 fpe should give 12.... Correct?

For hunting purposes it is needed to take into consideration that at some point you get very few advantage with more fpe. Diameter makes more damage in tissue that just more speed in a lower caliber.

It is not the same damage the one that you get with a .30 Cal at 80 fpe than the one you get with a .25 Cal at .80 fpe. The more diameter the better.

I have seen at Pyramydair site that the Avenger gives 24 shots at 45 fpe. At 95 fpe should give 12.... Correct?

For hunting purposes it is needed to take into consideration that at some point you get very few advantage with more fpe. Diameter makes more damage in tissue that just more speed in a lower caliber.

It is not the same damage the one that you get with a .30 Cal at 80 fpe than the one you get with a .25 Cal at .80 fpe. The more diameter the better.
Same bullet weight in different calibers bc is going to be better in 25 cal generally but yeah 30cal damage bigger hole so it's kind of a toss up depending on what you want

I have a 700cc bottle on mine so I still get lots of shots. And yes the .30 is bit better for damage. Exactly why I have a .30 maverick that makes over 150 FPE. It's a hammer !

Same bullet weight in different calibers bc is going to be better in 25 cal generally but yeah 30cal damage bigger hole so it's kind of a toss up depending on what you want
True. I will use my guns to hunt with and to tinker of course. The avenger was my first pcp and has been a fun build.