N/A 25/30 cal., Budget Friendly, Tactical Style, Regulated, Accurate and Quiet ? Recommendations please:

Airgun Al

Dec 6, 2023
usa
Recommendations please....

25 or 30 cal.
Budget friendly (less than $800)
Tactical style, (not to long)
Regulated,
Quiet
Accurate

Ive been away from the pcp world for 8 or 9 years.
Im overwhelmed with todays budget friendly options.
Looking for suggestions that meet the criteria above, especially quiet and accurate!
Thanks in advance.

Recommendations please....

25 or 30 cal.
Budget friendly (less than $800)
Tactical style, (not to long)
Regulated,
Quiet
Accurate

Ive been away from the pcp world for 8 or 9 years.
Im overwhelmed with todays budget friendly options.
Looking for suggestions that meet the criteria above, especially quiet and accurate!
Thanks in advance.
Well my budget friendly new Avenge-X classic .25 cal meets all those requirements is regulated, extremely accurate and backyard friendly also, granted this one it is not a tactical style airgun but they come in this style also too if that is your personal preference. If you want to make it as quiet as possible you can’t go wrong with the Hugget snipe standard moderator. I have tried almost all of them, from left to right is the Huggett snipe standard, the 3D printed Buck-Rail, the DonnyFL Sumo and FX moderators. Check this two very interesting threads. Good luck.

Thread 'Avenge X .22 Tuning help needed'
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/avenge-x-22-tuning-help-needed.1302026/

Thread 'I just bought a new Avenge-X classic in .25 cal. What is the best moderator for this airgun?'
https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...s-the-best-moderator-for-this-airgun.1301128/

IMG_6273.png

IMG_7908.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgun Al
Whatever you get, if you want it quiet, make sure the barrel is threaded for a moderator. Even a cheap Buck Rail moderator for $30 makes a huge difference.

The AvengeX is probably a decent choice since there are multiple configurations (tactical, bullpup) you might like. Personally I prefer shooting 30 caliber rifles where I can turn down the power if desired. It's fun to shoot slugs and have that "22LR" power on tap that many 30 caliber air rifles have now. 30 caliber limits your options a little on that budget though... you may have to choose between super accurate or super tactical ;)

Question for you: Do you have a PCP air compressor and is that part of your $800 budget as well?

And: What accuracy is acceptable to you? Almost any PCP is "accurate" with the right ammo and within its limitations. There's a few lemons out there, I'm sure. But are you trying to impress other people shooting paper targets hole-in-hole, or does accuracy to you mean hitting a squirrel pretty easily at 75 yards?

Last edited:
Whatever you get, if you want it quiet, make sure the barrel is threaded for a moderator. Even a cheap Buck Rail moderator for $30 makes a huge difference.

The AvengeX is probably a decent choice since there are multiple configurations (tactical, bullpup) you might like. Personally I prefer shooting 30 caliber rifles where I can turn down the power if desired. It's fun to shoot slugs and have that "22LR" power on tap that many 30 caliber air rifles have now. 30 caliber limits your options a little on that budget though... you may have to choose between super accurate or super tactical ;)

Question for you: Do you have a PCP air compressor and is that part of your $800 budget as well?

And: What accuracy is acceptable to you? Almost any PCP is "accurate" with the right ammo and within its limitations. There's a few lemons out there, I'm sure. But are you trying to impress other people shooting paper targets hole-in-hole, or does accuracy to you mean hitting a squirrel pretty easily at 75 yards?
I currently have a original 30 cal. FX Crown, which I love, and I agree with your reasoning for the 30 caliber.
However, Im wanting something new, and shorter ....something more practical for both plinking and pest control.
Seems like in order to get a short rifle, dropping down to 25 would be a wise choice, in order to maintain a reasonable FPS.
Even a 22 is a option for me, at this point.
I have 2 inexpensive compressers, but Ive never even used them!
They are still new, in the box.
Im fortunate to have a local company, a few miles away, that will fill my big, 88cf carbon fiber tank up for $10.
The beauty of that, is that their air is high quality, breating air, thats free of moisture.
But I do keep my 2 inexpensive compressors as emergency back up, in case anything happens with my local company.
The Avenge X is a product Im not aware of, so ...after several recomendations, I will certainly do some research on their offerings.
Thanks much to those that responded!

What about getting a shorter barrel for the Crown, say in a 380mm.
Im leaning in that direction!
My Crown MK 1 (original version) is a .30
I may drop down to 22, or 25, and simply find a shorter barrel and shroud on the classifieds!
I get confused on FX options.
My Crown has an adjustable shoud (length).
The new barrels do not have the adjustability, which I am ok with!
Not sure if I need an old barrel, or a new barrel...
FX has me confused on options!

The adjustable shroud on the original Crown is a feature, that I seldom use.
Due to the long length, I almost always have the adjustable shroud in its fully collapsed position (short as possible).
I BELIEVE the new barrels will work , but will not offer the adjustability, which Im ok with!
In fact, I would probably prefer that its length is fixed.
Perhaps I should post a new thread, asking for clarification on old barrels, new barrels, and compatability with the original Crown.