• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

2300S owners with Red Dots??

There are MANY dot sights on the market !
Soooo....which sight did you buy ?

Note that when you change the shooting distance more than a couple of feet, rezeroing WILL...be required.

That said, unmagnified, dot sights can be easily shot out to 50 + yards. There are many 3x magnifiers available that will increase the shooting distance easily to 100 yards.

Most of my rifles and pistols have one sort or another (different brands, Holosun being my favorite) of a dot sight on them.

Mike

The red dot is a Hawke 3MOA 1x20 from PA. I'm kind of familiar with the magnifiers but I'm just using the red dot solo. I was just curious how far some have stretched the solo red dot out too with air guns I know with powder burners they really reach out to impressive distances. Thanks for your response :).
Thanks. I've tried a Hawke red dot also. I try to stick as much as I can to 2moa dot sizes.

I mention the distances in speaking about...air powered guns, NOT necessarily just firearms.
It all depends on the shooters eyes.
Airguns are "plenty"...capable of shooting well to distances. Again, just depends on the shooters eyes !

And yes, 50yrds with a red dot and an air rifle, or good pistol are plenty doable...as long as your...eyes are up to it.

Mike

i have 2240 with beilishi $20 red dot
i have a steel squirrels at 25/37/50 feet and its no brainer plinking ( zeroed at 50 ft) but also a 6x6 plate at 50 yards, 50 yards take a 2-3 shots to get right aim point which is about 1 foot above and 4 ich to the right side, but after that its a 50% of hitting it, so its fun unsupported plinking but i wouldnt go any further.

Last edited:
i have 2240 with beilishi $20 red dot
i have a steel squirrels at 25/37/50 feet and its no brainer plinking ( zeroed at 50 ft) but also a 6x6 plate at 50 yards, 50 yards take a 2-3 shots to get right aim point which is about 1 foot above and 4 ich to the right side, but after that its a 50% of hitting it, so its fun unsupported plinking but i wouldnt go any further.
Yeah that's what I was thinking :unsure: 50 yards and I'll be happy with that. I know there are some that go beyond that but my eye sight and its a completely stock 2300S. I have a 2289 that is a blast to shoot I'll compare the two and see what happens:)