• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

2240 scope

You can use any pistol scope that you'd like. For a very inexpensive scope, I've had excellent service using an NCStar 2 1/2X, or, more costly, a Nikon Force 2X. The problem with pistol scopes are that, many times, they're set for, say, 100 yds. focus/parallax. If you're shooting less than that consistently, most single power (non-zoom) scopes allow for adjustment of the objective lens by loosening the locking ring and turning the lens counter-clockwise until the scope is in perfect focus at whatever distance you choose. Another inexpensive scope ($50) is the 2X Barska (sold by Barska on ebay). High rings make for easier loading of pellets. RC

I have several good quality red dots on pistols, and they are great for quick to target shooting, and shooting while moving around. Problem with some red dots is that you're lucky, vision-wise, to actually see a dot, not a flare with a bright center. Dots, depending upon range, size of the target... and the size of the dot on the unit you buy, don't work so well for pin point, accurate shooting. It all works down, as all this stuff does, to what you want to spend, and why? The beauty of scopes is that I can focus on the target, and have, in focus crosshairs at the same time. Another winning part of scopes is magnification, even 2X. If shooting targets or groups, and you're looking for an optic through which you can clearly see the results of your shots, magnification sure helps. RC
1545361129_2701958005c1c56e9ef6593.73179873_2240.jpg