22 yards indoors with RAW HM1000x 25 cal

Had some issues with the scope mount last weekend at club. Came home and swapped scope mounts for a "better" one. I'm using the March Hi-Master 48x competition scope as I will be shooting this setup at 100 yards come summer. Anyways, last weekend was a disaster as I couldn't zero scope. Today I shot all morning at 22 yards indoors striving for my one hole group 😅🤣😂🙄 This was the final target sheet of the morning. Only one one-hole group, but the other 5 were pretty decent. Considering that moa at this distance is approx .20”, all but one group were sub moa.

BTW, I shot groups with bare muzzle, DonnyFL moderator and Eagle Vision muzzle brake. The best groups (and all 6 of these on this sheet) were with the Donny. The muzzle brake might be a close second and I plan to get a Hatsan air stripper to try.

3DE2D3EC-FFE8-41E5-896E-251CA30517CF.jpeg

Code: The first number is overall size of group in inches. The second number is overall in millimeters. The third number is group size, center to center in inches after subtracting pellet diameter from overall group size in inches.

Had some issues with the scope mount last weekend at club. Came home and swapped scope mounts for a "better" one. I'm using the March Hi-Master 48x competition scope as I will be shooting this setup at 100 yards come summer. Anyways, last weekend was a disaster as I couldn't zero scope. Today I shot all morning at 22 yards indoors striving for my one hole group 😅🤣😂🙄 This was the final target sheet of the morning. Only one one-hole group, but the other 5 were pretty decent. Considering that moa at this distance is approx .20”, all but one group were sub moa.

BTW, I shot groups with bare muzzle, DonnyFL moderator and Eagle Vision muzzle brake. The best groups (and all 6 of these on this sheet) were with the Donny. The muzzle brake might be a close second and I plan to get a Hatsan air stripper to try.

View attachment 325220

Code: The first number is overall size of group in inches. The second number is overall in millimeters. The third number is group size, center to center in inches after subtracting pellet diameter from overall group size in inches.
nice shooting , I'm working on it .

Reactions: Ranchibi

View attachment 325220

Hello @rsfrid

Ross I hope you are not trying to leave a .177 diameter hole while shooting that .25 cal 🤣 :p :love:. That is some fine shooting.

ThomasT

Hello @rsfrid

Ross I hope you are not trying to leave a .177 diameter hole while shooting that .25 cal 🤣 :p :love:. That is some fine shooting.

ThomasT
@ThomasT That hole was measured top to bottom (widest dimension) at less that 5.53mm (the measured dia of pellet). I simply stated the .24 as the measurement. Think it pushed the paper a bit - that's why wad cutters are better for measurement. Won't you know I found myself shaking my head a griping because I couldn't get one hole. 😂🤣🙄 That's what this sit down pistol shooting has done for me - nothing is ever good enough! My wife did just as well with her 22 cal Dreamline Classic. She was disappointed also till I measured up. I tell ya, going back outside is going to be hard after all this one hole stuff! Hope you’re doing well Thomas. Take care of that new pistol and hope your modified RAW works out for you. I am this close 🫰🏻to ordering a new RAW chassis in 177. He has one in stock.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
@ThomasT That hole was measured top to bottom (widest dimension) at less that 5.53mm (the measured dia of pellet). I simply stated the .24 as the measurement. Think it pushed the paper a bit - that's why wad cutters are better for measurement. Won't you know I found myself shaking my head a griping because I couldn't get one hole. 😂🤣🙄 That's what this sit down pistol shooting has done for me - nothing is ever good enough! My wife did just as well with her 22 cal Dreamline Classic. She was disappointed also till I measured up. I tell ya, going back outside is going to be hard after all this one hole stuff! Hope you’re doing well Thomas. Take care of that new pistol and hope your modified RAW works out for you. I am this close 🫰🏻to ordering a new RAW chassis in 177. He has one in stock.
Hello @rsfrid

Ross I believe that we are both afflicted with some sort of disorder, BUT, it sure is fun. It is cold and rainy here today but I have been real lucky so far this Winter being able to do so much outdoor shooting. I truly love to shoot the "short course" indoors but I feel so much better to be outside on my big bench shooting 25 or 50 yards. I shot 3 different Pistols today and enjoyed every minute and most likely will shoot some more later on this evening, that is the great advantage of having the indoor range.

Good luck with making a decision on a new rifle.

Have a great afternoon and weekend.

ThomasT

How many shots do you guys shoot in your groups?
Hello @Heavyopp

For the One Hole Challenge we shoot 5 shots. Not looking for a group to actually be in a Bulls Eye, but trying to get all five shots in the smallest hole. It is fun.

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid
How many shots do you guys shoot in your groups?
I used to do 10 shot groups because my mag holds 10 shots. But there really is no point in making large holes. So, at the encouragement of others on the forum, I now do 5 shot groups. There is less chance of a flier ruining the group (it does still happen sometimes) and 5 shots is more indicative of your gun's abilities as well as your abilities than 3 shot groups. Hope this helps. Our main objective is teeny groups. The indicator of success is all 5 pellets through same hole as measured by calipers.