• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

22 wildcat

Was shooting my wildcat this afternoon and noticed the POI was moving around again. It's had about 5000 rounds thru it so far. It did this a while back and chased it down to the breach O-ring. Pulled the mag out and shot it and sure enough a puff of air came out where the mag goes. Pulled the breach O-ring out and it looked fine. Put a new one in and problem was solved. Easy enough fix. Got to looking and was wondering if my pellet probe was seating deep enough. Gun is wicked accurate so hate to mess with it. Measured the depth of the pellet probe from the back of the breach and it measures 1.106 closed. Has anyone else checked this measurement? Would be interesting to know what others measure. 

Ginuwine, I pulled my barrel out of rifle. Easy to do. 3 screws hold cheek pieces. One screw holds the barrel. Take barrel screw all the way out and then just pull the barrel. I use a couple of plastic dental picks so as not to scratch the brass o-ring groove. Oil or grease up the new o-ring with a synthetic and work the new one back in. Easy once you've done it. When you replace the barrel look in the screw hole and you will be able to see where the screw seated into the barrel to line it up. Replace the barrel screw so it just touches and wiggle the barrel as you tighten the screw. It will go right back in the same spot. You can do it without pulling the barrel but it's like wrestling a pig in the mud.

The same puff of air is coming from my new Wildcat in .25 caliber so I ordered the proper o-ring to replace. AOA recently did a video on this repair. I'm thinking when I get the o-ring I will compress and start the oring into one side of the groove then hold it the groove with a small diameter something and then push it in with another blunt something like a punch taking care not to damage the o-ring. We will see how things go. See below.

I take the smallest amount of silicone divers lube and put it on the oring with a q tip every tin or so. Helps keep it lubed and smooth. Pellets and probe constantly wear on it. Also those orings are cheap and not a lot of quality control goes into them so sometimes you get a bad batch. Also better materials out there then the stock ones I like the softer durometer but the poly ones are good.

My pellet probe measures 28.85mm in from the end of the breech block which is on the far end of the 28.55 to 28.80mm of the acceptable range. I guess that is acceptable but might it being going in a little too far wearing the o-ring prematurely. Like I said my Wildcat .25 has less than 500 pellets through it and I am feeling the puff of air on my lefty shooting cheek. I have kept the a little silicone grease on the probe and o-ring. Are the screws you are adjusting found under the reloading plate # B3 Thanks Bill

"Mr.Gadgets"
"AZBOBCAT" Also better materials out there then the stock ones I like the softer durometer but the poly ones are good.
Does anyone know the size, or the exact dimensions of these Orings for the Wildcat .22? Where would I get them, other than AOA?
I do not know where to buy in US . I live in Europe, but bought from here : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-28X1-78-Oring-5-28mm-ID-X-1-78mm-CS-PU-POLYURETHANE-ShA-70-Translucent/1968991134.html
These O – rings are also used to fill probe.

"sniperlabyo"
"Mr.Gadgets"Great video. I don't understand why you must first loosen the 4 screws that hold the air cylinder tight. Those don't seem to have anything to do with the barrel.
Yes, no need to remove stock just remove foward cheek rest, loosen set screw then slowly remove barrel--barrel ride on 2 oring inside the barrel band.
Yes I just replaced the barrel o-ring in my Wildcat .25 and did not loosen the 4 screws holding the air tank. Like I said in my post above I only had about 500 pellets through the rifle. I hope this o-rings lasts longer than the first one but I did get a few extra from AOA. The o-ring for the .25 is a different size than for the .177 cal. and the .22 cal. which I have seen online. The surprising thing was it made the rifle a lot more quite because of the air was not now leaking by the o-ring. Bill