Airgun Technologies .22 Vulcan 3 500mm - can I flip the plenum tube on it like the longer 700's can?

Subject asks it. I probably shouldn't but . . . . I might too. <grin>

It's cold and crappy out and I'm bored. :sneaky:

I have subjected gun and it shoots pellets *really* well and I get a really good shot count out of it - wouldn't mind a little more 'oomph' out of it though even given the limitation of the 500mm barrel. I may (or may not) monkey with it . . . just curious. I bought it a couple of years ago from Tony @Talon Tunes and specifically requested he build it / tune it for efficiency / shot count with 18g's - and that's what he did. It's a great little shooter. Thinking maybe 25g H&N's HP II's - those things are absolute lasers with one of my other guns - although there is a 600mm barrel in that one.

Actually when i got mine it was fitted with a wrong produced plenum pipe, meaning the breather hole was all the way at the bottom, so you could not even have the spacer ring installed, the regulator sat right up against the end piece with the valve in it, meaning it only had like 3-4-5 CC planum

That actually still shot well and it is a FAC i have too, i shot the rifle for a while before i decided to tweak a little on the regulator and found out, so AGT had to send me and the Danish retailer new pipes for all rifles CUZ all the rifles the retailer had got had the same problem, i am almost assuming it was rifles meant for a sub 12 market, even if it do also sound strange to have different regulator placement for sub 12 or FAC versions.

Anyway got the proper pipe + the spacer ring, put it all together in small plenum mode and dident really see much change VS almost no plenum setup, but of course have to remember i shoot .177

Since then i have been somewhat apprehensive about AGT, CUZ i feel it is a " strange " mistake to make, or rather it cant really be a mistake CUZ then they would have put the reg spacer ring in there too, and air would have blown out of the breather hole now in the regulated area and not in the " middle " of the regulator.

So suspicious if you ask me.

Actually when i got mine it was fitted with a wrong produced plenum pipe, meaning the breather hole was all the way at the bottom, so you could not even have the spacer ring installed, the regulator sat right up against the end piece with the valve in it, meaning it only had like 3-4-5 CC planum

That actually still shot well and it is a FAC i have too, i shot the rifle for a while before i decided to tweak a little on the regulator and found out, so AGT had to send me and the Danish retailer new pipes for all rifles CUZ all the rifles the retailer had got had the same problem, i am almost assuming it was rifles meant for a sub 12 market, even if it do also sound strange to have different regulator placement for sub 12 or FAC versions.

Anyway got the proper pipe + the spacer ring, put it all together in small plenum mode and dident really see much change VS almost no plenum setup, but of course have to remember i shoot .177

Since then i have been somewhat apprehensive about AGT, CUZ i feel it is a " strange " mistake to make, or rather it cant really be a mistake CUZ then they would have put the reg spacer ring in there too, and air would have blown out of the breather hole now in the regulated area and not in the " middle " of the regulator.

So suspicious if you ask me.
my v3 was like yours. but when i asked them to sent me a tube they told me it was not necessary. when i told them that it was necessary as i wanted to shoot something heavier. they told me to take back the gun where i got it from , i even told them that it was my 20th plus airgun , worked on even more and i sure need that thing . i appeared to be the bad guy sold the riffle and i would never buy an AGT as long as i am alive. With RTI the same when i pointed the staff that i did not like in my early production P3 .

Reactions: Peashooter
There is nothing better than constructive feedback, make you do better.
Of course criticism just for the sake of that, that is annoying as hell.

Well i did go thru the dealer with my V3 issue, but he then in turn just sent me the new pipe and spacer pipe, my DIY skills are plenty for airgun repair.
My nephew though, now 35 YO, dont have a drivers licence, and i doubt he know what a spark plug are,,,,,,, something entirely wrong with the younger generations.

Same dealer had my maverick all last winter 3 months or so at least, fixing a broken cocking lever, i am 100 % sure my repair skills are thru the roof VS his,,,, dunno what trade skills / educations he have.

With the parts i would have fixed that myself in less then 30 minutes.
i am 34. but my dad made sure i can hold a hammer before buying me toys :). you are lucky you dont live where i do. no registered gunsmiths at all and airgun dealers are worse than drug dealers. the last guy with my RTI though made sure i get hospitalised with chest pains with the way he scammed me

Reactions: Peashooter
i am 34. but my dad made sure i can hold a hammer before buying me toys :). you are lucky you dont live where i do. no registered gunsmiths at all and airgun dealers are worse than drug dealers. the last guy with my RTI though made sure i get hospitalised with chest pains with the way he scammed me
No need to live on a place where powerful PCP' rifles are not allowed.