• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 vs .25 hatsan blitz

I am investigating the same. I have a Hatsan Hercules Bully in 357 and really like it. I am considering the Blitz in .22, over the .25, for the sake of variety of available pellets and cost. The YouTube channel Macabespeed has done extensive reviews and range testing of the Hatsan Blitz and others. Well worth checking out.

I am investigating the same. I have a Hatsan Hercules Bully in 357 and really like it. I am considering the Blitz in .22, over the .25, for the sake of variety of available pellets and cost. The YouTube channel Macabespeed has done extensive reviews and range testing of the Hatsan Blitz and others. Well worth checking out.
I am too in between at the moment its so hard its pulling me apart the decision I really need 25 cal and 22 I dont know its like 25 would suit my field use but .22 would suit my yard also field just not as deadly as that 25 and I wanna spray coyotes and I know 25 full auto will be the best airgun to hunt coyote packs 41 round mag nsa slugs , the 25 gets like the same energy as the 30 in the blitz I see macab got 52 fpe with 25, I will ask hatsan for new hammer and little heavier spring will push around 60 fpe in 25 cal. I also want this 22 badly though its a tough one.

Since the Blitz costs the same no matter which caliber you get it in then the only difference is in pellet costs. I added a DFL Ronin to my .30 and basically just hear the mechanics of the gun. Sometimes a moderator wont let the gun shoot full auto without a weaker spring installed, mine worked fine. If you do nothing but full auto shooting then you will eat up tins of pellets, lol. BTW, in full auto the pellets will clip unless you go up on your moderator size. I should have got a .357 Ronin instead of the .30 but I listened to the sales guy and was talked out of it. I guess if I'm doing full auto shooting then it's enhanced with the loudness of not being moderated.
I have not heard anyone else talk about clipping in full auto is this really true if I get 22 cal blits 22-25 cal donnyfl suppresor wont work?

I like the Blitz... but I opted for the Factor RC. Not that anyone cares... I'm just trying to say hello as I joined 5 minutes ago and I need 10 posts and 10 days to let one of you guys know that I want to buy your item. :):rolleyes:
Ha - I think this makes 5 for me! I bought a 22 Invader as an impulse buy (375 to my door from Midway). Having read the reviews I expected an awful trigger, check, and having to clean, lube and tighten before shooting. It's been a ton of fun! I like the AR type platform and the rusty slinky sounds as the action cycles. As to this post, recommend a 22 and blaze away. Nothing beats CPHPs for value.

Ha - I think this makes 5 for me! I bought a 22 Invader as an impulse buy (375 to my door from Midway). Having read the reviews I expected an awful trigger, check, and having to clean, lube and tighten before shooting. It's been a ton of fun! I like the AR type platform and the rusty slinky sounds as the action cycles. As to this post, recommend a 22 and blaze away. Nothing beats CPHPs for value.
But if you don't mind the cost and want power, why not get the 30? 25 seems like a half measure. Unless you already have 25s and want to use the blitz to burn all of the "try it out ammo" that didn't work out.

Could be on the 30 Blitz I have never shot a Blitz in 30 cal, but I do own two $2000+ 30 cals and an inexpensive Gauntlet 30, and none of them shoot as well as any of my inexpensive or expensive 22 cal guns, so based on that I am hesitant to believe that the 30 cal Blitz would be more accurate than the 22 cal Blitz. As for reliability of function, maybe so, but again, mine never jams as long as I have properly tensioned mag springs and keep it clean and lubed.

I wonder how many different examples of each caliber the YouTuber tested. Testing 1 gun in each caliber doesn't really tell you much since the QC with Hatsan is not very consistent. If you do decide to get one, be sure to test it soon so you can return it if there is a problem. Personally, I would only buy one from someone who allows returns. Don't blame me if you get a 22 Blitz lemon. I might have lucked out with this one.

For me it was all about getting the lowest cost gun in full auto that would produce good groups with the least expensive ammo available. The savings on ammo is substantial over time.

Gun $700
5 years of CPHP pellets (*5000 / year) $220
5 years* of 30 Cal cheap pellets $2000 - $2500+
5 years* of 30 cal premium pellets / slugs $3000 - $4000+

As stated in my original post my Blitz shoots very well in semi auto. Below are some photos. They were all shot at 15 yards, indoors from a rest, 20x scope, CPHP pellets straight out of the tin. Fired for group size not for scoring. On the mag dump, I held the trigger down until it was empty - 21 Shots.

View attachment 340488

22 around 5 cents a round

25 around 7 cents a round

30 around 15 cents a round.

These are for basic weight projectiles
18gr 22/ 25.39 25 / 44.75 in 30
And 22 CPHPs at just over a penny.

Crazy times everything going up in price crossmans are $6.98 on amazon they where $6.24 just few weeks ago, Remember the time they where 5 dollars . Il buy some airguns before dollar goes bad, I remember the avenger was $300 now its 350 on pa plus tax for me would be 385, Amazon would be 440 for avenger with tax wow so much for budget.

Im settling on the 25 cal I see the price of pellets really ain't to bad now that cross mans run $7 for a 500 tin best price I found for em thats 0.014 a shot, and I was just scrolling thru amazon I see hats an strike decent price and I see h@n field target trophy at $8.22 plus tax for me would be $9 for a 200 tin thats 0.045 per shot only 3 times the cost of the cross mans that ain't bad. I also seen on pyramid air a lot of decent prices crow magnum 26 grain reasonable prices that alone could hunt coyotes t I added 9 to car got 3 for free came out to 80 with tax thats 0.044 a shot I could full auto here and there still budget friendly as well as hunt full auto coyotes with nsa slugs 25 cal slugs or crow magnums or the large veriety of pellets reasonably priced on pyramid air, I found these monster pellets Seneca .25 Cal, 43.2 Grains, Pointed, Yup 43 grains imagine that full auto 41 rounds an they run 0.064 a round with pyramid air discount code 10 dollars off found the only working code I mean nsa charges like 0.095 no free shipping unless order 150 so.
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/seneca-25-cal-43-2-grains-pointed-83ct?p=1469

Wow even fx pellets only run 0.047 an from what I seen they are very accurate even baracuda hunter extreme 28.24 grains now thats deadly full auto 41 rounds again very reasonable price 0.051 a round great for 28 grains, Thats with coupon, Also got free shipping added hp slugs 38 grain 120 to get up to free shipping needed only pennys otherwise shipping is like 26 dollars, lead got weight.

The heavy trigger alone kills it for me. Hatsans have notoriously bad build quality and bad customer support. Refuse returns. Offer to fix, and return gun having fixed nothing. I've owned a sortie and a nova star. Still regrettably have the nova star. I never have good feelings about that rifle. The sortie worked OK, but often had problems.
Are you interested is selling the nova star?

I am too in between at the moment its so hard its pulling me apart the decision I really need 25 cal and 22 I dont know its like 25 would suit my field use but .22 would suit my yard also field just not as deadly as that 25 and I wanna spray coyotes and I know 25 full auto will be the best airgun to hunt coyote packs 41 round mag nsa slugs , the 25 gets like the same energy as the 30 in the blitz I see macab got 52 fpe with 25, I will ask hatsan for new hammer and little heavier spring will push around 60 fpe in 25 cal. I also want this 22 badly though its a tough one.
Tough one especially because of the simple availability of cheap .22 pellets from Walmart for fun full auto plinking !

Are you interested is selling the nova star?
Mmm that's a tough one. It's my only 177 slug gun. Has a custom .177 hw100 600mm barrel and custom 22 cal 14.25" Lothar Walther barrel for pellets. Probably close to 700 into the barrels and shroud alone. Not counting the other two custom barrels I have/used to have for it 😅 Currently trying to get my hands on a new trigger group housing cause I'm pretty sure they updated the design to a better one.

If you're serious about it. PM me an offer and I'll consider it.

I can't help with .22 info but I just retested my .25. This is with 35.8 grain Seneca domed. Chrony set about 14" from muzzle. Started at 200 bar and ended at about 160 bar.
1. ERROR
2. 794.8 fps = 50.23 fpe
3. 811.1 fps = 52.31 fpe
4. 813.8 fps = 52.66 fpe
5. 815.1 fps = 52.83 fpe
6. 814.7 fps = 52.78 fpe
7. 813.7 fps = 52.65 fpe
8. 810.9 fps = 52.28 fpe
9. 813.8 fps = 52.66 fpe
10. 813.2 fps = 52.58 fpe
I was thinking to try a regulator on it but now I'm not sure it would be needed. Maybe if I put the larger bottle on as I did with my Barrage.

Reactions: Ferk48
That’s really good! If you put a regulator on it immediately after the bottle assuming it’s 4500 psi rated you would get a higher shot count as well, which is always nice. I’ve recently found a large plenum bottle regulator made for air force air guns to give them high power while being regulated, but it would work on any PCP using m18x1.5 threads. The large 150cc plenum would be beneficial I think especially for the full auto feature on the blitz!

That’s really good! If you put a regulator on it immediately after the bottle assuming it’s 4500 psi rated you would get a higher shot count as well, which is always nice. I’ve recently found a large plenum bottle regulator made for air force air guns to give them high power while being regulated, but it would work on any PCP using m18x1.5 threads. The large 150cc plenum would be beneficial I think especially for the full auto feature on the blitz!
The Blitz sports a 3600 psi bottle, So how would that work

Last edited: