.22 vs .25 hatsan blitz

Also know that some online shops have a buy four tins of pellets and get one free. Don't just go with the thought that you will only own a Blitz either and it has to do everything that you want at this point. You could get it in .30 or .25 and then get a under 100 dollar .22 break barrel for cheap plinking.
Thanks. I have .177 and .22 guns. One of my favorite cheap plinking guns is the crosman 1322.

Interesting. I was told by a experienced YouTuber that .30 was the only way to go because of accuracy, power and function.
I thought a .22 would be more accurate then a .30 but maybe not?? What do you think about this and is your .22 accurate in semi at least?

Could be on the 30 Blitz I have never shot a Blitz in 30 cal, but I do own two $2000+ 30 cals and an inexpensive Gauntlet 30, and none of them shoot as well as any of my inexpensive or expensive 22 cal guns, so based on that I am hesitant to believe that the 30 cal Blitz would be more accurate than the 22 cal Blitz. As for reliability of function, maybe so, but again, mine never jams as long as I have properly tensioned mag springs and keep it clean and lubed.

I wonder how many different examples of each caliber the YouTuber tested. Testing 1 gun in each caliber doesn't really tell you much since the QC with Hatsan is not very consistent. If you do decide to get one, be sure to test it soon so you can return it if there is a problem. Personally, I would only buy one from someone who allows returns. Don't blame me if you get a 22 Blitz lemon. I might have lucked out with this one.

For me it was all about getting the lowest cost gun in full auto that would produce good groups with the least expensive ammo available. The savings on ammo is substantial over time.

Gun $700
5 years of CPHP pellets (*5000 / year) $220
5 years* of 30 Cal cheap pellets $2000 - $2500+
5 years* of 30 cal premium pellets / slugs $3000 - $4000+

As stated in my original post my Blitz shoots very well in semi auto. Below are some photos. They were all shot at 15 yards, indoors from a rest, 20x scope, CPHP pellets straight out of the tin. Fired for group size not for scoring. On the mag dump, I held the trigger down until it was empty - 21 Shots.

1678810790231.png

Last edited:
Salty,
Suggest a stroll through the archives, can't speak from personal experience, but in the two years, or so, I've been in the Nation, nobody has gotten more bad press from members than Hatsan. Just saying, WM
Agree with this. While I have no experience with the blitz if I had around 1k to spend on a gun the blitz would be so far down the list you couldn’t even see it.

Reactions: Scotay42
I like the Blitz... but I opted for the Factor RC. Not that anyone cares... I'm just trying to say hello as I joined 5 minutes ago and I need 10 posts and 10 days to let one of you guys know that I want to buy your item. :):rolleyes:
How is the factor, have you tried any others to compare it to?

Reactions: Asbestos
I like the Blitz... but I opted for the Factor RC. Not that anyone cares... I'm just trying to say hello as I joined 5 minutes ago and I need 10 posts and 10 days to let one of you guys know that I want to buy your item. :):rolleyes:
I think you spent your money much more wisely on the factor. Just my opinion but those seem pretty solid.

Reactions: Asbestos
How is the factor, have you tried any others to compare it to?
I love it. I’ve got nothing to compare it to but I’ve shot firearms my whole life. Fit and finish are great. It feels solid and it’s more accurate than I ever imagined it would be.

Out of the box, it was phenomenal. I see all this talk of “tuning” and it’s still a little over my head but I’ll get there. I have a 50 yard range in my backyard but I don’t shoot firearms back there out of respect for my distant neighbors. I can, I just don’t. So, this was more or less a tool for easier fundamentals practice. Well, it seems to be far mor than that. I’m hooked.

This is a group of 38 shots from 40 yards. The fliers off to the left were just zeroing a scope.
618D91A2-0777-49E0-AAB2-3000E1EC564F.jpeg
7B3463D1-2DA4-4381-922B-C0A3FDDC7F05.jpeg

Reactions: Scotay42
If it was just a ammo thing id go .22. Cheap all day walk in to a walmart to get some . .25 your maybe at the mercy of mail-order and that hassle.. ( opinion)
I know right like I wanna go with 22 I have over 10000 crossmans all cleaned an lubed so I could shoot that thing with a suppresor an the neghtbors probably will still want to call cops il be ringing the steel plate in the yard like a jackhammer on the full auto with these crossmans. 🤣 🤣 . But il loose lotta potential power when sprayin a pack of coyotes which I might wanna do but 22 I dont know wont be as deadly so if I had to choose 1 it be 25 prbably

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I have the Blitz in .25. Great fun. I have had it for a couple weeks. I order all my pellets on line no matter the caliber, so that is not an issue for me. I did put a little more tension on the magazine springs. Plenty of videos about that. I use it mostly in semi mode but full auto is a hoot. I had to contact Hatsan USA about a missing probe when I bought an Invader. They got back to me the next day. So for me, no complaints about Hatsan.
I mean they replaced my hatsan optima scope relatively quickly under its 1 year warrenty thats the only buisness I done with them.