• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 vs .25 hatsan blitz

I have the Blitz in .25. Great fun. I have had it for a couple weeks. I order all my pellets on line no matter the caliber, so that is not an issue for me. I did put a little more tension on the magazine springs. Plenty of videos about that. I use it mostly in semi mode but full auto is a hoot. I had to contact Hatsan USA about a missing probe when I bought an Invader. They got back to me the next day. So for me, no complaints about Hatsan.

Reactions: Saltysteve
Salty,
Suggest a stroll through the archives, can't speak from personal experience, but in the two years, or so, I've been in the Nation, nobody has gotten more bad press from members than Hatsan. Just saying, WM
Hatsan as a company yes , I have read that it's not the best. I've also seen people love the .25 blitz and give good owner reviews.
Are you specifically talking about the Hatsan Blitz?

I have the Blitz in .25. Great fun. I have had it for a couple weeks. I order all my pellets on line no matter the caliber, so that is not an issue for me. I did put a little more tension on the magazine springs. Plenty of videos about that. I use it mostly in semi mode but full auto is a hoot. I had to contact Hatsan USA about a missing probe when I bought an Invader. They got back to me the next day. So for me, no complaints about Hatsan.
Did you hear any feedback on .22 owners that said the cal was to lite for the blowback and had more jams\misfires?

Hatsan as a company yes , I have read that it's not the best. I've also seen people love the .25 blitz and give good owner reviews.
Are you specifically talking about the Hatsan Blitz?
No sir, don't know Blitz, just wouldn't want you coming back after a problem with Hatsan asking why nobody said anything. Check out the archives, judge for yourself, we all, of course, hope nothing but smooth sailing for you. WM

I jumped pretty quickly into Hatsan. In fairness, I didn't know this site existed. I'm a member on several firearm platforms and I generally don't move into an expensive gun without a ton of research... but I did this time. The horror stories are scary but hopefully I got lucky. I'm at about 300 flawless rounds so far... fingers crossed. At the moment, I absolutely love the Factor RC. It was a Blitz I saw for sale on a different platform that made me peek into the airgun world. I'm really glad I did because it's alot of fun.

From my research, it seems magazine spring tension is the cause of most jam/feeding problems. Mine didn't feed three times on the first magazine I loaded. I tightened the spring on all three mags. No feed problems since. 1000 plus rounds. I shoot everyday. I will say the trigger is hard to pull. Really hard. I wear a glove to keep the trigger from digging in. I have several .22 rifles and pistols. Its just easier for my old hands to handle .25 pellets. The Hatsan Jet 1 I have is much loader than the Blitz or the Invader.

My hatsan experience been 50/50 . This one i like and enjoy but that one not so much if at all..lol

Most have issue its trying to deal with hatsan usa on parts or service if its a gun on the wrong side of the 50% .

Honestly with all that qe / shrouded soda straw barrels stuff now nothing they got catches my interest anyway anymore.

Since the Blitz costs the same no matter which caliber you get it in then the only difference is in pellet costs. I added a DFL Ronin to my .30 and basically just hear the mechanics of the gun. Sometimes a moderator wont let the gun shoot full auto without a weaker spring installed, mine worked fine. If you do nothing but full auto shooting then you will eat up tins of pellets, lol. BTW, in full auto the pellets will clip unless you go up on your moderator size. I should have got a .357 Ronin instead of the .30 but I listened to the sales guy and was talked out of it. I guess if I'm doing full auto shooting then it's enhanced with the loudness of not being moderated.

I chose the 22 cal Blitz since my main interest was just playing with it in full auto mode. I got it on sale at Midway for $699 a few months back. My Factor RC shot the CPHPs extremely well so I had high hopes for the Blitz, planning to shoot the CPHP pellets only because of the 1.3 cents / pellet or LESS price range. It does shoot CPHPs really well. I wasn't even remotely interested in the 25 Cal or 30 Cal versions because of the significant price increase per round.

I lubed all the moving parts before I started shooting it and It has worked flawlessly for several thousand rounds other than I had to put some teflon tape on the muzzle cap threads because it kept unscrewing. The trigger is the worst trigger I have ever felt on any gun, HPA or PB, but despite that, In semi or full auto mode I can shoot it way better than I thought I would be able to. Perhaps I will dig up some photos later of semi auto groups that are almost as good as what I can get with some other airguns shooting the CPHPs. With practice, I have been able to hold an entire mag dump on a group slightly larger than a quarter coin at 15 yards, if I am shooting from a solid rest. Shooting standing, the spray of pellets tends to move around more.

The mags that came with it were tensioned heavier than the ones that came with my Facto RC, so I didn't change the spring tension on them and they work every time. Very fun to shoot and everyone who has shot it had a great time. I am going to build a rack that will hold about a dozen 2 liter bottles filled with pressurized air for some fun and free "Tannerite" like exploding target shooting in full auto for friends and relatives.

I chose the 22 cal Blitz since my main interest was just playing with it in full auto mode. I got it on sale at Midway for $699 a few months back. My Factor RC shot the CPHPs extremely well so I had high hopes for the Blitz, planning to shoot the CPHP pellets only because of the 1.3 cents / pellet or LESS price range. It does shoot CPHPs really well. I wasn't even remotely interested in the 25 Cal or 30 Cal versions because of the significant price increase per round.

I lubed all the moving parts before I started shooting it and It has worked flawlessly for several thousand rounds other than I had to put some teflon tape on the muzzle cap threads because it kept unscrewing. The trigger is the worst trigger I have ever felt on any gun, HPA or PB, but despite that, In semi or full auto mode I can shoot it way better than I thought I would be able to. Perhaps I will dig up some photos later of semi auto groups that are almost as good as what I can get with some other airguns shooting the CPHPs. With practice, I have been able to hold an entire mag dump on a group slightly larger than a quarter coin at 15 yards, if I am shooting from a solid rest. Shooting standing, the spray of pellets tends to move around more.

The mags that came with it were tensioned heavier than the ones that came with my Facto RC, so I didn't change the spring tension on them and they work every time. Very fun to shoot and everyone who has shot it had a great time. I am going to build a rack that will hold about a dozen 2 liter bottles filled with pressurized air for some fun and free "Tannerite" like exploding target shooting in full auto for friends and relatives.
Interesting. I was told by a experienced YouTuber that .30 was the only way to go because of accuracy, power and function.
I thought a .22 would be more accurate then a .30 but maybe not?? What do you think about this and is your .22 accurate in semi at least?